• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Brand new never skied Soul7 skis asking $500.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Thanks Dwight but I’m still confused with the whole Grip Walk, Walk to Ride thing & what is compatible with what.
I am wondering if there is a thread that explains it all. For instance, I have a pair of Lange XT boots withsome kind of walking soles & a set of Grip Walk look pivot 14 bindings.

4ster

Instructor
Looks like some questions were answered while I was posting. Still wondering what boot sole length these are mounted at?
I hate acronyms!!!
Norm?
So @Philpug what kind of soles are on my Lange 120XT’s? They are probably a couple of year old model. Are they compatible with my look grip walk bindings?
can I ski my Lange 120 XT’s with older non-grip walk bindings?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Dwight but I’m still confused with the whole Grip Walk, Walk to Ride thing & what is compatible with what.
I am wondering if there is a thread that explains it all. For instance, I have a pair of Lange XT boots withsome kind of walking soles & a set of Grip Walk look pivot 14 bindings.
I have had a few Venn diagrams from the previous years because it was a moving target with WTR was still around. Now that it is just Gripwalk, the mud is a little clearer. Because Lange Subscribed to WTR initially, yours could be WTR which means they will not work with the Gripwalk Pivot but did with the Dual Pivot. If they are WTR soles, you can swap the soles to GW soles to make them compatible. Better or more confused?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:P F@#k it, I think I will take up chess :doh: :ogbiggrin:
strato-chess-3d-lg.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
More acronyms ...

back to the OP (original post) ... what BSL (Boot Sole Length) are these mounted to?

4ster

Instructor
Those are the DIN (ISO 5355) soles and will work with everything. they are not Gripwalk (ISO 23223) or WTR (no ISO).
:yahoo:
I bought all this stuff along with new Dynafit tech bindings a year ago in anticipation of no lift service skiing. I figured I needed a more substantial touring set up to ski all the deep powder we were going to have. We ended up with a very dangerous and weak snowpack & for the first time in as long as I can remember, I did no touring at all. I never mounted or used any of it.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I attached another pic. Hopefully, this answers the question. I am not a gear guru with respect to bindings, etc.
You need to look for the number stamped near the heel of your boots - probably something between 297 and 330mm ish.

Assuming of course these were mounted to fit your boots and not bought mounted.....

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I have had a few Venn diagrams from the previous years because it was a moving target with WTR was still around. Now that it is just Gripwalk, the mud is a little clearer. Because Lange Subscribed to WTR initially, yours could be WTR which means they will not work with the Gripwalk Pivot but did with the Dual Pivot. If they are WTR soles, you can swap the soles to GW soles to make them compatible. Better or more confused?
Bonus from the whole Betamax/V2000 farago was that there were some bargains to be had on perfectly good Look WTR bindings dumped onto the market a couple of years ago (if you kept with alpine soles of course)

James

Out There
Instructor
I remount won’t kill a ski.
I just had to click and see why a FS thread for Soul7's generated 26+ replies. Now there is one more.
Maybe nostalgia? Seems so long ago that the ski dominated the market and also served as “My First Fat Ski”. It probably helped increase sales to indy brands.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Good luck finding a store with the right jig that will do a fully indemnified remount for $20*. Notwithstanding the need to move at least 10mm factor on a remount.

* as a reguar punter not on some industry hook up.

Sponsor

Staff online