• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boutique 88mm width skis

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
But these are PREORDERS. You have to think ahead, man! Order them now, forget that you did, and come next fall a wonderful surprise will arrive on your doorstep!

This end of ski season is really hitting me hard. I didn't have much of a season, and I'll admit, I have a skiing habit. It is more of an addiction by this point in my life.

This problem manifests in me buying too much equipment. Filling holes in my quiver that likely do not exist, until they do.

I have a preorder in for a pair of HL FL105 185 on preorder. I was also considering the R105. Still back and forth on that decision. I'm hoping that I don't regret not buying the R105. This ski will likely replace a Black Crows Atris, which only has a few days on it.

Then I go and look at other skis, and Heritage Labs really has my attention.

I mean, I need a dedicated powder ski! So the HL 120 Swallow Tail really interests me. It gets deep in Southeastern Michigan and I needs a pow ski! (OK, really this is for trips to Western US/Canada and Japan if it lines up. But what rocker profile do I want? Funny, when I lived in SLC and was skiing pow on the regular, my pow ski was Volkl Explosive (95 underfoot) and I was very happy with that ski.

Then Marshall goes comes out with the RC85... Ahhhhh!!! Do I need this ski? I kinda do, the 80's are a hole in my quiver that actually exists, but there is some overlap with a Head cheater GS ski, a pair of Peak 98's and a pair of Line Blades (that I frickin' love). Do I need something in between those? I actually like the idea of having more space between skis in my quiver so the differences are more noticeable. When would I even use this ski?

I realize that buying equipment is a way for me to feel connected to the sport that I am passionate about. Somebody just lie to me and tell me I don't need more skis...

EDIT: Corrected to the RC85, mistyped R85.

Last edited:
TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
This end of ski season is really hitting me hard. I didn't have much of a season, and I'll admit, I have a skiing habit. It is more of an addiction by this point in my life.

This problem manifests in me buying too much equipment. Filling holes in my quiver that likely do not exist, until they do.

I have a preorder in for a pair of HL FL105 185 on preorder. I was also considering the R105. Still back and forth on that decision. I'm hoping that I don't regret not buying the R105. This ski will likely replace a Black Crows Atris, which only has a few days on it.

I mean, I need a dedicated powder ski! So the HL 120 Swallow Tail really interests me. It gets deep in Southeastern Michigan and I needs a pow ski! (OK, really this is for trips to Western US/Canada and Japan if it lines up. But what rocker profile do I want? Funny, when I lived in SLC and was skiing pow on the regular, my pow ski was Volkl Explosive (95 underfoot) and I was very happy with that ski.

Then Marshall goes comes out with the R85... Ahhhhh!!! Do I need this ski? I kinda do, the 80's are a hole in my quiver that actually exists, but there is some overlap with a Head cheater GS ski, a pair of Peak 98's and a pair of Line Blades (that I frickin' love). Do I need something in between those? I actually like the idea of having more space between skis in my quiver so the differences are more noticeable. When would I even use this ski?

I realize that buying equipment is a way for me to feel connected to the sport that I am passionate about. Somebody just lie to me and tell me I don't need more skis...
You are in good company, welcome brother.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t see that on the we site. Is he still making it?
Sorry, mistyped that. It should read RC85. I want some camber in a ski that narrow.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Then Marshall goes comes out with the RC85... Ahhhhh!!! Do I need this ski? I kinda do, the 80's are a hole in my quiver that actually exists, but there is some overlap with a Head cheater GS ski, a pair of Peak 98's and a pair of Line Blades (that I frickin' love). Do I need something in between those? I actually like the idea of having more space between skis in my quiver so the differences are more noticeable. When would I even use this ski?

Unless I can get 9 other people who are interested in an RC85 @ 178cm -- at which point Marshal might be willing to add it to the lineup... let me know! -- I think I'm going to grab the 183. It's a bit longer than I want, but straight pull is listed as 182 and the mount is up a touch. How's that for talking myself into it?!?

I absolutely love the FL105, but think the R105 could be just as good, albeit a bit different.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unless I can get 9 other people who are interested in an RC85 @ 178cm -- at which point Marshal might be willing to add it to the lineup... let me know! -- I think I'm going to grab the 183. It's a bit longer than I want, but straight pull is listed as 182 and the mount is up a touch. How's that for talking myself into it?!?

I absolutely love the FL105, but think the R105 could be just as good, albeit a bit different.
You're not helping...

I think you should get the RC85 in the 183, mount them with Pivots, realize that you want a shorter ski and sell them to me at a discount! This is a win-win. I'll get you my BSL tonight.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're not helping...

I think you should get the RC85 in the 183, mount them with Pivots, realize that you want a shorter ski and sell them to me at a discount! This is a win-win. I'll get you my BSL tonight.
I put BF inserts in all my skis. Would you be open to leaving the set for my BSL intact? We split custody?
ogsmile

James

Out There
Instructor

Heh, I might be interested in a Rc85 at 178.

How are people finding the very long sidecuts, and why no metal but say it’s metal-like?

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I put BF inserts in all my skis. Would you be open to leaving the set for my BSL intact? We split custody?
ogsmile

Only if we do the hand off in a parking lot like spiteful divorced parents while the kid (ski) suffers.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can we stand on either end of the parking lot, with the skis in the middle, and call to them to see who they go to?
They're twins salvatore! We would inadvertently split up siblings, we both know the right ski likes me better.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That website reads like a marketing student's final college project. I also was hoping to add another maintenance level to ski tuning by needing to oil my sidewalls.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're just saying it in the wrong voice. Less David Mitchell, more Drake. Less ugh, more oooh.

Now where'd I put that rubbing wax?

Wife: "Why are all my candles on your tuning bench?"

AstroGlide - also for skis...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:facepalm:

Sponsor

Staff online