• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bourbon Advent Calendar

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
TS
kickerfrank

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
Perhaps I should start a separate Bourbon thread but:

What is your bourbon of choice? or a must have?

Personally, I have a lot of favorites but Blanton's is by far my favorite. I just tried Four Roses for the first time through this gift which is definitely up there.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I enjoy Blanton's for sure but it's too rich for my blood on a regular basis. I'm enjoying Fireside, a Colorado bourbon that is stupid cheap for what it is. I also enjoyed a glass of Old Forester 2015 Birthday Bourbon a couple of weeks ago at the Portland airport. Delicious.

TS
kickerfrank

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
I enjoy Blanton's for sure but it's too rich for my blood on a regular basis. I'm enjoying Fireside, a Colorado bourbon that is stupid cheap for what it is. I also enjoyed a glass of Old Forester 2015 Birthday Bourbon a couple of weeks ago at the Portland airport. Delicious.

True. My daily drivers are either Woodford or Knob Creek. I would like to find a diamond in the rough. I'll be on the lookout for Fireside.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eagle rare is my everyday choice -- $26 in the New Hampshire liquor stores. Blantons isn't great. Also Bookers, Bakers, and Bulliet. And a cheap choice is Buffalo Trace. YMMV.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

My wonderful, beautiful and thoughtful wife got me an Advent Calendar of bourbon. Every evening I get to open a little window with a 1 oz bottle of bourbon. 24 magical days of 24 delicious bourbons. Best gift ever!

That's really cool. never thought I'd like the stuff but it has a good place in my heart today. just have no idea on how to "evaluate" good verses ok other than knowing I like one better than other .. bottle lasts too long to recall the previous in comparison!

TS
kickerfrank

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
That's really cool. never thought I'd like the stuff but it has a good place in my heart today. just have no idea on how to "evaluate" good verses ok other than knowing I like one better than other .. bottle lasts too long to recall the previous in comparison!

IMO taste is the only thing that matters. If you likeit then it's a good bourbon. It would be great if you have the tastebuds to pick up the hint of leather and tobacco, but I just want to enjoy my drink.

I keep a journal on the bourbons that I try. I'll typically just jot down a few bullets such as how I take it (neat, rocks, splash of water), flavours I taste, etc. I agree it's hard to remember what it was like.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Eagle rare is my everyday choice -- $26 in the New Hampshire liquor stores. Blantons isn't great. Also Bookers, Bakers, and Bulliet. And a cheap choice is Buffalo Trace. YMMV.
I agree with @bbinder, Eagle Rare is my favorite but with Bulliet being $28.99 for a 1.75L at Costco it is our go to. We get quality AND quantity for one low price. @RachelV gave us a bottle of Angels Envy..that is also quite tasty..:thumb:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw a whiskey advent calendar and debated it for my honey. Truthfully, it would have to be a brandy or wine calendar for him to enjoy it. Maybe I should just buy myself one?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And, if you drink bourbon, you are my friend!

“The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whisky. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.” - Winston Churchill.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
And, if you drink bourbon, you are my friend!

Has nearnyquist registered here? Always a flask of Makers Mark in his backpack. Trust me on that matter.
Haven't seen Tom here yet. Most of his ski friends, RJ, Me, Alex etc are here -just a matter of time.

Time to bring out the flask. It's great this early season.:yahoo:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I did see Tom a few weeks ago, just before we were doing this pre launch.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January