• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I was talking to my PT today, she was asking about my boots. She suggested I get stiffer flex to prevent future issues since I am able to fully flex my boots. I like the smooth flex of my current boots, but I’ve been thinking about her idea and curious if anyone else has received similar advise?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I guess I may be missing her point but my 1st reaction is a stiffer boot would be harder to flex and therefore harder on the jnee. Maybe the flip side is she feels like s stiffer boot will prevent you from overflexing the boot and knee. That must be it.

TS
E

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I guess I may be missing her point but my 1st reaction is a stiffer boot would be harder to flex and therefore harder on the jnee. Maybe the flip side is she feels like s stiffer boot will prevent you from overflexing the boot and knee. That must be it.

That’s why I posed the question here. I was not in the state of mind to discuss boots with her as she was inflicting pain during the session. The idea didn’t make sense to me, but maybe I’m not thinking about it from the right angle.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I agree with your therapist, but you ll have to get the for and aft aligned properly. You shouldnt be able to flex your boots unless you are skiing and the ski and boot pushing back into you flex the boot.

I know my muscles become alot more sore when I ski a boot that is too soft.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online