Blizzard Rustler 9 - finding the right length

Bryan McQuade

At the base lodge
Skier
I'm planning to demo the Blizzard Rustler 9 soon and trying to decide on the right length.

I'm 5'6", 155lbs, type 3/expert skier. Closer to home, I mostly ski groomers on a narrow waist full camber ski in a 167cm length. I see the Rustler 9 as a ski that'll be fun in trees and non groomers for trips up to Vermont and the like.

Given the rocker profile of the Rustler 9 I'm a little worried that the Rustler 9 in 172cm might feel too short, but also think that the 180cm could be too long for me.

I can't tell which one of these (172 too short vs 180 too long) is more likely to be correct.

For others who have skied the Rustler 9, would you recommend going with the 172 or the 180 in my situation?

focker

Getting off the lift
Skier
not sure on your situation but my son has these and they have a ton of Rocker, tip and tail. That usually makes a ski feel shorter than they are.

My son is 5'10 160 and he went with the 180. He loves them. biggest surprise for him is that they perform well on groomers actually.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Same height but have 20# on you and the 172 was fine.

Tony S

thread drift a specialty
Skier
5' 7" 140lbs 172 is probably fine for your intended use. (If you were skiing western areas and this was going to be your big mountain ski, that might be different.)