• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
According to this ^^^ the BP will not have metal. I am confused. Is the Black Diamond the only one that will?

"Black Diamond" was from the "Gear we wish existed" thread IIRC. Basically implying that the new wood BP 88 is akin to it since it'll be a little burlier/stiffer. Same end game, different materials.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
According to this ^^^ the BP will not have metal. I am confused. Is the Black Diamond the only one that will?
This is from a WISH LIST..what we would LIKE to see. What I ASKED for was a MORE Powerful Back Pearl. the name Black Diamond was a SUGGESTION. The ARE making a MORE POWERFUL Black Pearl, it is NOT called the Black Diamond.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is from a WISH LIST..what we would LIKE to see. What I ASKED for was a MORE Powerful Back Pearl. the name Black Diamond was a SUGGESTION. The ARE making a MORE POWERFUL Black Pearl, it is NOT called the Black Diamond.
Ahhhh I see.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jackson Hogen (Realskiers) had very positive things to say about the new Bonafide, Brahma, and Black Pearl in his weekly email. He suggested they generally feel better and are a little softer in the tip and tail so a little more accessible. I don't think you need to be a subscriber to read it:

I guess the tradeoffs of that approach are pretty evident and they have generally been done before to the Bonafide. Personally, I am not sure which version of the Bonafide I prefer--my original version or '18-'19 version but I love them both.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Jackson Hogen (Realskiers) had very positive things to say about the new Bonafide, Brahma, and Black Pearl in his weekly email. He suggested they generally feel better and are a little softer in the tip and tail so a little more accessible.

I'm curious how the softer tip will behave in the Tahoe crud/Sierra cement. Looking forward to the on-the-snow test.

James

Out There
Instructor
A little softer tip on the Bonafide could be good in the east. Tough to say since it goes with a different tip shape. Interested to see if they can improve the feel of that ski, which I find a carbony meh.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
East Coast Hardcore rippn' = Old Bones :yeah:

East Coast Chilln' or Drills = New Bones (last years) :mojito:
West Coast = No Bones :daffy:

97 Bones = ??? :huh::crossfingers: (This Demo will be FUN!)

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Blister's flash review of the new bonafide was very favorable.

"And it feels like an excellent version — and possibly the best version — of the Bonafide. "

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Will there be a Black Pearl 82 with some metal?
I believe the BP 82 is staying the same. None of the BPs will have metal. I think a few of us were confused. I'm excited to get on the new construction to see how it feels compared to my Santa Ana 88s, which are smooth ride thanks in part to the titanal.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
West Coast = No Bones :daffy:

Whatcha talking bout? The only time I use my Old Bones is out west; Jackson Hole or Taos :huh: I have the OG Bones; still in great shape. Too wide for east coast most days.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
The concept is tempting--did they like it?

They weren't sure. Blizzard was hinting that the ski would be closer to the original Cochise, which was loose. The reviewers found it to be pretty locked in...more like the more recent editions. They thought it might have been the tune, and will update later (soon?)

"While this Flash Review has a pretty unsatisfying conclusion of, “I’m not sure what this ski is yet,” it is at least honest. "

Sponsor

Staff online