• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blackcrows Mirus Question

KSki01

Booting up
Skier
I’ve seen recent reviews of the Blackcrows Mirus Cor Ski and it looks interesting.

My mountain this season will be a small one with a 1500ft vertical of downhill. Due to that I thought it would be fun to have a shorter turning radius fun carving ski, that can bend easily without too much speed.

Has anyone ski’d the Mirus? Are there other ski’s to look at which are similar? I’ve heard the Line also is a good contender.

176CM height at 160 LBS, advanced skier

Thanks!

Last edited:

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I’ve skied the Mirus Cor the last few seasons
pretty much exclusively, I’ve brought other skis up with me, but stayed on the MC’s.
I didn’t care for the ski when I first tried it, it was a drunk online purchase lol. But I adjusted and found it to be the most fun ski I’ve ever been on.
I bought my third pair last year.
I ski Mammoth, 100+ days a year works in all conditions.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I’ve skied the Mirus Cor the last few seasons
pretty much exclusively, I’ve brought other skis up with me, but stayed on the MC’s.
I didn’t care for the ski when I first tried it, it was a drunk online purchase lol. But I adjusted and found it to be the most fun ski I’ve ever been on.
I bought my third pair last year.
I ski Mammoth, 100+ days a year works in all conditions.
So how do you explain pair #2? The @MountainMonster rips on these... and they make a good nail puller too!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Yeah it's fun. You have to approach it with the non serious pistencarver mindset though. Not cheap mind. Personally I'd say it was pretty directly comparable to the Line Blade and go for whichever fitted my waist preferences and I could secure a deal on.

TS
KSki01

KSki01

Booting up
Skier
Like I'm not comparing it to the grip I get out my FIS SLs or your Europremium SX GTi go faster stripe consumer carver.
I gotcha, I have the Stockli’s for faster stuff.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Like I'm not comparing it to the grip I get out my FIS SLs or your Europremium SX GTi go faster stripe consumer carver.
Gotcha, I picked up some Blades this summer as my fun ski. Sounds like I shouldn't expect them to have great edge hold on very firm snow when attempting fast, hard and tight turns? But they excel more in the hip dragging softer snow laying trenches type turns.

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
They are a fun ski, but they are not a hammer-down carver like a Head Super Shape, Fischer Curv, some Stocklis, etc. They are very engaging, you can ski switch, pop off stuff (and land) easier. the stance is different from those power-carvers too--have you skied center-mounted skis before? The tails are sooo different.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
They are a fun ski, but they are not a hammer-down carver like a Head Super Shape, Fischer Curv, some Stocklis, etc. They are very engaging, you can ski switch, pop off stuff (and land) easier. the stance is different from those power-carvers too--have you skied center-mounted skis before? The tails are sooo different.
They are definitely not for chasing gates but I find no problem with edge grip, I have Hero ST's & Stockli SX's, still grab the Mirus without blinking for morning carving.

ELDoane

Gravity Fed, Beer Cooled
Skier
Exiled from VT, trying to ski off the Capitol Dome
If only they stocked a 184. I got a line on a set at $700, but I still can't pull the trigger. I've got a Liberty V76 and J Fastforward that seem to fit this spot, but I am so intrigued by the Mirus. That. and the FF is only a 181 and feel short for my gigantor body.

Seems superfluous and I really ought to use the bucks to get new boots for one of the kids, but.....it's ORANGE! AND ZOOMY!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Seems superfluous and I really ought to use the bucks to get new boots for one of the kids, but.....it's ORANGE! AND ZOOMY!

Just delivered.
On the most important spec for bindings- Armada Strive 12 (brick) looks to be a good color match for the older 2023 Mirus Cor.

:roflmao:

PXL_20231108_175550666-01-01.jpeg

Sponsor