• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Black Crows Skis

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Would like some expert commentary on Black Crows. They are currently the hot, in thing these days and I had a chance to demo a couple pairs. Is there anything different about their construction etc that sets them apart? Just curious if there is more to it than the cool factor haha. Are their touring skis better than their freeride ones, etc? Thanks

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I haven't skied the touring models, but on the Atris, Orb and Navis I can say this:

Atris: playful, stable and versatile. Not too heavy, but not a light weight by modern (AT) standards. Wood core + fiberglass only, tip and tail rocker, step down sidewall. Serves a huge range of skiers and conditions with a very versatile 108 mm underfoot.
Orb: resort ski, damper than the Atris and with 88-90 mm underfoot much more hardpack-oriented. Float was a bit dissapointing compared to other models in that range (Blizzard Brahma, Völkl Kendo), but very stable, powerfull and damp. Not too lively though.
Navis: in between, literally (102 mm underfoot). Very much like the Blizzard Rustler 10. Very stable, good hard snow performance too, not too much tail rcker (if you can call it even that). Lighter and more playfull than - say - Nordica Enforcer 100, but much more sturdy than - let's say - Salomon QST series.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Their touring (freebird) skis mostly use paulownia wood, with thinner edges and base.

I have the Ova freebird with touring bindings. I think it is a very easy ski but the flex is on the soft side.
Yesterday, I finally tried the Orb I bought last year. I think it is a great ski, very powerful and stable.
Highly recommended~

Would like some expert commentary on Black Crows. They are currently the hot, in thing these days and I had a chance to demo a couple pairs. Is there anything different about their construction etc that sets them apart? Just curious if there is more to it than the cool factor haha. Are their touring skis better than their freeride ones, etc? Thanks

Sponsor

Staff online