• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Black Crows Atris or Faction Prodigy 4.0 for Freeride?

Connor

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am going to be getting into freeride skiing soon. It will be mostly cliff drops, trees, and powder, but I would also enjoy using them for everyday. I am trying to decide between these skis, if you have any feedback, just comment below, or if there are any other skis, I am up for suggestions. Thanks!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Where do you ski usually and what skis and lengths do you currently ski and like? What’s your size and ability?

Both the skis you listed are fun, playful all mountain twins that both would do well in soft snow and powder. The wider Prodigy 4.0 should have better float off piste and the Atris should be a bit better as an all around daily driver if you want to use it on piste occasionally. The Candide 3.0 would be maybe a closer comparison to the Atris in width, weight and is very good all mountain free ride ski. Armada ARV106 another similar ski.

Although not a true twin tip, the Blizzard Rustler 11 is a great all mountain free ride ski similar in width to the Prodigy 4.0 and still very good on piste.

Lots of skis that charge a bit more but are still playful in the Nordica Enforcer Free 110, Mindbender 108Ti, ON3P Kartel 108 and the Moment Wildcat.

TS
C

Connor

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Where do you ski usually and what skis and lengths do you currently ski and like? What’s your size and ability?

Both the skis you listed are fun, playful all mountain twins that both would do well in soft snow and powder. The wider Prodigy 4.0 should have better float off piste and the Atris should be a bit better as an all around daily driver if you want to use it on piste occasionally. The Candide 3.0 would be maybe a closer comparison to the Atris in width, weight and is very good all mountain free ride ski. Armada ARV106 another similar ski.

Although not a true twin tip, the Blizzard Rustler 11 is a great all mountain free ride ski similar in width to the Prodigy 4.0 and still very good on piste.

Lots of skis that charge a bit more but are still playful in the Nordica Enforcer Free 110, Mindbender 108Ti, ON3P Kartel 108 and the Moment Wildcat.
Yeah, so I skin in Oregon (Mt. Hood) where the conditions are unreliable, and on occasion we get a dump of snow. I am 5'10 and I would say I am a near very aggressive skier. I usually ski on skis from 177-184cm. Thanks!

Sponsor

Staff online