• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bindings for Blizzard sheeva 9s: tyrolia attack2 12/13 or salomon warden mnc 13?

Valerie

Cali skiing+mtb
Skier
Hi everyone! I'm looking for help with bindings! I've just acquired my first pair of skis, a new pair of blizzard sheeva 9s 157cm, and I need to mount them! I am between the tyrolia attack2 12/13s (I think the white 12s would look better than black 13s but that's not my top priority...) and the salomon warden mnc 13s. This is based on reviews and my budget. I've found all three of these bindings for between 180-190 USD. For reference I am a 5'3" 115lb female skier in my 20s, can ski blacks and double blacks at west coast resorts, primarily ski on piste but am venturing off piste and into the terrain park. When I demoed skis this season they set my DIN to 6-8. I have a pair of salmon QST pro 90 boots (alpine boots).

I've tried the warden 13s on some blizzard black pearls and salomon qst lux92s and didn't have any complaints, but up until this season I've just been on basic rental skis so I don't have much to compare to. I find most bindings difficult to click into, including the wardens, but also tried a pair of rossignol 84hds with xpress 11 bindings that were much easier to get into. Any suggestions or advice for me? Thank you!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Hi everyone! I'm looking for help with bindings! I've just acquired my first pair of skis, a new pair of blizzard sheeva 9s 157cm, and I need to mount them! I am between the tyrolia attack2 12/13s (I think the white 12s would look better than black 13s but that's not my top priority...) and the salomon warden mnc 13s. This is based on reviews and my budget. I've found all three of these bindings for between 180-190 USD. For reference I am a 5'3" 115lb female skier in my 20s, can ski blacks and double blacks at west coast resorts, primarily ski on piste but am venturing off piste and into the terrain park. When I demoed skis this season they set my DIN to 6-8. I have a pair of salmon QST pro 90 boots (alpine boots).

I've tried the warden 13s on some blizzard black pearls and salomon qst lux92s and didn't have any complaints, but up until this season I've just been on basic rental skis so I don't have much to compare to. I find most bindings difficult to click into, including the wardens, but also tried a pair of rossignol 84hds with xpress 11 bindings that were much easier to get into. Any suggestions or advice for me? Thank you!

My wife the exacrecently had got those exact skis (Sheeva 9 157). I got the Warden 13 Demo bindings for them from here-

https://www.coloradodiscountskis.com/store/Salomon_19_Warden_13_MNC_DT.html

$199 + $15 shipping

He used to have the non-demo version for $169. But since I was familiar with the demo version on my other skis and the difference was only $30, I just got the demo version for her too. Pretty happy with them. A little heavier than the regular Warden 13, but solid.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At your weight, while everything @textrovert said about the Warden 13/Demo is true...I'd say the Attack 12/13 is a fine choice and lighter weight and since you like the white of the 12, a fine way to go.

TS
Valerie

Valerie

Cali skiing+mtb
Skier
I got the Blizzard Sheeva 10s in April, and I got the bright green Attack 13s on them, to help me distinguish my skis from the ubiquitous Black Pearls. The Attacks are very easy to step into, and this is my second set of skis with those bindings.

Haha, yes EVERYONE has those blue/purple black pearls...

Thank you luliski, philpug and textrovert for your feedback.

Anyone have any insight as to which binding would be the most "playful" or "poppy"? I like lots of feedback when I ski (and when I mountain bike), would prefer to feel more than have the ride be deadened.

Sponsor

Staff online