• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binding recommendation

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
I’m going to order a pair of Enforcer 104’s tomorrow and not sure what bindings to get. I am leaning towards Pivot 12’s but I’ve never had them and looking for advice or suggestions on what to get. I’m a heavy guy that skis aggressively most of the time and all my other ones are set at Din 7.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m going to order a pair of Enforcer 104’s tomorrow and not sure what bindings to get. I am leaning towards Pivot 12’s but I’ve never had them and looking for advice or suggestions on what to get. I’m a heavy guy that skis aggressively most of the time and all my other ones are set at Din 7.
I would usually say You struck oil with the Pivot...The ONLY issue is that the 95 brake is too narrow, and the 115 will have some hangover. My runner up would be the Sth2 13 (or Warden 13), which has 100mm brake that will work fine.

TS
asnowmobiler

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
I really have no idea what is best, just thought they look cool. Lol
My Stöckli Ax came with demo style Solomon Xm 13’s, Völkl code reds have griffins and my Kore 93’s have Attack 13’s and never had an issue with any of them but hate the look of the Attacks.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I like Pivots, but put Attacks on my old Kastle FX104’s for the reasons @Philpug memtions - really didn’t notice any different in skiing - sometimes the delta gets jacked from what you are used to. Not the same “clunck” clicking in but didn’t have issues.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would usually say You struck oil with the Pivot...The ONLY issue is that the 95 brake is too narrow, and the 115 will have some hangover. My runner up would be the Sth2 13 (or Warden 13), which has 100mm brake that will work fine.

Why is it that given ski widths are all over the place that all binding manufacturers don’t offer brake widths in say 5mm intervals? It would seem they are pushing potential customers to other bindings in certain cases by not doing so.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why is it that given ski widths are all over the place that all binding manufacturers don’t offer brake widths in say 5mm intervals? It would seem they are pushing potential customers to other bindings in certain cases by not doing so.
There needs also to be a realistic expiation of products too. 5mm increments from an inventory is not oen of them. A Pivot with a 95mm brake will work fine on a 100mm ski...I know I have done it but the brake design is very low on the ski and the 115mm on a 104mm could be suseptable to catching, especially on a ski that is desgned to be in the snow. I have asked Look to consider redesigning the brake that it has an upward bend (a la the Sth2 brake) but the costs involved do not make sense for them. I am just glad Marker did decide to offer a 100mm brake for the Royal bindings...baby steps I guess.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There needs also to be a realistic expiation of products too. 5mm increments from an inventory is not oen of them. A Pivot with a 95mm brake will work fine on a 100mm ski...I know I have done it but the brake design is very low on the ski and the 115mm on a 104mm could be suseptable to catching, especially on a ski that is desgned to be in the snow. I have asked Look to consider redesigning the brake that it has an upward bend (a la the Sth2 brake) but the costs involved do not make sense for them. I am just glad Marker did decide to offer a 100mm brake for the Royal bindings...baby steps I guess.

Agreed. You know I’m a big pivot fan and planned to put them on my PM 86s, but the brake width pushed me to a Salomon Sth2 13 which was also quite a bit cheaper. The orange Salomon bindings do look cool on that ski though! lol

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Agreed. You know I’m a big pivot fan and planned to put them on my PM 86s, but the brake width pushed me to a Salomon Sth2 13 which was also quite a bit cheaper. The orange Salomon bindings do look cool on that ski though! lol
Thats another brake I asked Look for...an 85mm brake.

Sponsor

Staff online