• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beware Paypal on Garages sale ski swap forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Phil's Garage Sale and Ski Swap item not sent.

I am starting this thread to make people aware that I most likely will not receive an Item that I purchased and paid for with Paypal.

The item is Toko Big Box Ski Wax Box sold by user CTSNOW.

The seller has been a member since 2006 and appears to have sold 3 of 4 pairs of skis with no issues.

The seller was having a problem with pictures and many from here tried to help him get the pictures to show up. They finally did. He offered the item for $50 with Free Shipping.

I offered him $50 and made payment with Paypal. He offered to send me a tracking number that same day over a week ago and never did. I have since sent him a couple of PMs and made a couple of contact attempts through the listing itself. I have received no response. I have used Paypal for over 2000 Ebay transactions and have never lost a dime. This was my first purchase here on Pugski. Being the nice person that I am (perhaps not so smart in this case) I paid using Family and Friends on Paypal and paid out of my checking account so that the seller would not incur any seller fees. This type of payment gives me no recourse either from Paypal or my bank account. I have resigned myself to most likely never seeing the TOKO Wax box. This is a warning to all that when you make a payment using Paypal do not use friend and family as you have no recourse against a seller not sending the item. If you pay for a product use regular Paypal and a credit card and it gives you recourse at two places. I in no way intend to blame Pugski for any of this. I enjoy the Ski swap forum and may buy from there in the future.

The follow is the latest post from me to the thread on 5/6/2019:

Does anyone here know anything about this person? I did payment through PayPal friends and family so the seller would not pay a fee. The payment went to Robinson Outdoor Group. I checked with Paypal and I have no recourse due to the payment method. Payment came out of my bank account so I have no recourse there either. This person has not done anything they said they would do and will not respond to messages or this thread. It looks like he has been a member since 2016 and has sold a few pairs of skis that appear to have been good transactions. It appears I am out $50.00. I did not expect this to happen on Pugski. I do not expect to get any money back. I always try to be positive but it appears that the writing is on the wall with this transaction. Phil or Tricia is there anything that can be done to this member’s account to minimize this being done to anyone else?

Moral to the story is no matter how nice you want to be, protect yourself first.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Said person also deleted their thread for sale on TGR: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/327805-FS-Toko-Big-Wax-Box

Scummy. Sucks that your first transaction here on PugSki went that way. I can assure you that is not the norm.

In general, recommend paying the extra 3% fee to those who aren't well established around here. For those who many of us have met IRL, and have good histories of sales, F&F is often worth it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Never do F&F PayPal when you don't know the person fairly well. Granted it wasn't a lot of money so I do take chances when it's less than $100. More than that and always Goods and Services with the offer to pay the additional fees on my end unless I KNOW the person and trust them. If they won't do business that way I'm not going to risk it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Big J , I was informed it was mailed yesterday.
As Dwight said, he has reached out to the seller.

Pugski's Garage Sale and Ski Swap area Is intended to help members facilitate swapping gear, which has been successful. It is our hope that transitions don't go awry.

*For future reference, we would appreciate contacting us via PM before it gets to the point of a public thread.

Moving over to Garage Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January