• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best "Tune-Up" in the VT, MA, NY Area

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
MIke at SKIMD is the best and I have had probably two dozen tunes from him. I am bringing him two skis later this week. Mike also only tunes skis, he is not a ski retail shop, although he is in a ski shop. I think he has a partnership with the ski shop he is in. (Summit) Mike controls his manpower, and does a lot of the work himself. None of the ski shop "rats" touch the skis, only Mike or his "apprentices". When I get a ski back from MIke, it skis better than brand new.

Having said that, there are other shops that do very good work. The one that has been suggested to you is certainly worth a try and may be a great one. I don't have any experience or knowledge of them, so sorry I can't help with them. If they don't work out, go to Mike. You can ship your skis, but that might be costly if you have more than one or two.

Just as an FYI, Mike has opened a separate location for SkiMD. Summit was purchased by Ski Haus and Mike got outta Dodge. He opened up a little over a month ago down the street in Natick.

I was there picking up my skis this weekend and his shop is PACKED with customers skis. Mind you this is all based on his reputation. He told me he's already up to working almost 80 hours a week. I'm really happy for him. I won't bring my skis to anyone else in NE.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Maybe try skimd next summer when you can go to the beach or do something else around here and stay for a night.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
He doesn't tune over the summer.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
MIke at SKIMD is the best and I have had probably two dozen tunes from him. I am bringing him two skis later this week. Mike also only tunes skis, he is not a ski retail shop, although he is in a ski shop. I think he has a partnership with the ski shop he is in. (Summit) Mike controls his manpower, and does a lot of the work himself. None of the ski shop "rats" touch the skis, only Mike or his "apprentices". When I get a ski back from MIke, it skis better than brand new.

Having said that, there are other shops that do very good work. The one that has been suggested to you is certainly worth a try and may be a great one. I don't have any experience or knowledge of them, so sorry I can't help with them. If they don't work out, go to Mike. You can ship your skis, but that might be costly if you have more than one or two.

Mike from Ski MD has his own workshop now at a new location up the street. He is no longer affiliated with Summit Sports.
He was a former world cup race tuner. If you want the perfect tune, you can't go wrong there.
You also can ship your skis to him, he does alot that way.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier

Mike from Ski MD has his own workshop now at a new location up the street. He is no longer affiliated with Summit Sports.
He was a former world cup race tuner. If you want the perfect tune, you can't go wrong there.
You also can ship your skis to him, he does alot that way.
BTW looks like he is open all year round now.
https://skimd.com/

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
He doesn't tune over the summer.

I was wrong. I saw Mike today and he said he's staying open all year now. By appointment only in the Summer.

Sponsor

Staff online