• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best place to rent skis for Mt Snow

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking for recommendations on where to rent skis for Mt Snow for a weekday. I looked at the map of the road that leads to Mt Snow and it looks like there are at least ten ski shops to rent from within a couple of miles of the hill. (I was surprised to see that most of them advertise "Open until midnight on Fridays." I've never seen that before.) I'm looking for a place that would have a decent selection of advanced demo skis to rent - not looking for the $25 cheapo rental place.

Thanks much

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Probably World Class,

Race and Technical oriented, but call ahead and discuss the options.

I've not rented skis from them, have no skin in the game,

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
surfsnowgirl,
Not being familiar with Mt Snow at all, is World Class part of the Mt Snow complex, or do you have to leave the resort to go swap out skis? From Google maps, it looks like they're across the street from the resort? I love the option of demoing a bunch of different skis during the day; however, I wouldn't do this unless they were located right at the base of mountain.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
surfsnowgirl,
Not being familiar with Mt Snow at all, is World Class part of the Mt Snow complex, or do you have to leave the resort to go swap out skis? From Google maps, it looks like they're across the street from the resort? I love the option of demoing a bunch of different skis during the day; however, I wouldn't do this unless they were located right at the base of mountain.

World Class is NOT at the base area. It would be a pain to swap skis there.

The Performance demo at the Cape House Is the best option for what you want. Good selection, and good techs!
IIRC, you might need to purchase the rental with your lift ticket.

Look on the Mt Snow Web pages for phone numbers etc. CALL AHEAD!

https://www.mountsnow.com/ski-ride/equipment-rentals/

Sponsor

Staff online