• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
OK, this is a post of pure ski gear geekiness, to tickle the mind, and pass the time.

What current season products set a true benchmark for quality and intended purpose, or introduce technology with the potential to change the industry.

Some examples to set the tone:

Renoun skis--truly unique. Who knows where the new polymers will take us, but it's a fresh start.

DPS Spoon/Lotus/whatever...are there better powder skis?

What are the best non FIS pure carving skis on the market? Something from the Head line, or Atomic?

What about a ski that might not do anything best, but does everything so well, that it simply stands in a category of it's own?

And so on. That's the idea anyway.

Anybody want to play?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the various Laser AX models over the years have occupied a unique space -> on the skinny side with 77-78 waist, and a great combination of groomer performance and in variable conditions. Combine that with great build quality and premium brand status -> a true winner !

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, this is a post of pure ski gear geekiness, to tickle the mind, and pass the time.

What current season products set a true benchmark for quality and intended purpose, or introduce technology with the potential to change the industry.

Anybody want to play?
The one early ski that I see coming is the K2 Mindbender. Every couple of years there is a 98-100 ski that raises the bar. Mantra>>Bonafide>>Enforcer 100>>Mindbender 99Ti. Yes, the ski is of that caliber.

TS
B

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
OK, I'm going to say the new Atomic Savor boot highlighted in another post as a benchmark product. It has the potential to really change things.

TS
B

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
And for a carving ski I'm going to say the Atomic S9. So smooth.

Sponsor