• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. "I didn't read the signs" doesn't seem to be a strong defense.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I read that too earlier today. Did the guy not work at Whistler ? I can't believe the courts are entertaining this. He was certainly not a ski or boarding Newbie.

Last edited:

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Under this interpretation, if the guy decided to ski directly into the headworks of the lift, he would be free to sue.
I think the court is making a point about liability waviers and this guy will fail at trial because the hazard is obvious and he works in the industry.
Wonder if there are any YouTubes of him doing stupid stuff?

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
I hate to hear anyone became disabled for any reason.
That said, I find it disturbing that this is even a thing. Things like this are the reasons insurance is so high and so are our fees to do anything. And also why we have so many rules and regulations to follow while participating in things.

I mean can this be real? A boarder attempts a jump to attempt a flip. He fails and somehow it's the resorts fault.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dude riding in terrain park hits big tabletop going way to slow to reach landing ramp and also lands on his head? This is exactly why I was dumbfounded when resorts started building these features and allowing just about anyone access to them everywhere.

Back in the day, we didn't all wear helmets, but the only people allowed to hit jumps like that were on the resort team under a coach's direct supervision. I'm amazed stuff like this doesn't happen more often the way it works now. Some places do require a "Park Pass" and safety course completion first but not everywhere.

Sponsor