• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Binding Failure.. help

BostonSL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all.. first post.. Wife bought me Atomic Doubledecker Redster SL's a few years ago, then we had kids and they went unused.. First time out the other week and the heel piece was loose. I discovered that a black oval retainer was missing on both skis.. Took to my local shop and they said atomic is going to replace the heel pieces.. however I really think this is part of the ski (doubledecker plate) and not the binding.. Trying to get back on the snow ASAP.. any experts out there? I used to be a ski tech but a lot has changed since the late 90's. Pix attached. Image of the skis without bindings is from the website showing the blue mounting rings. Thanks!

IMG_5283.jpeg
Inkedredster_fis_doubledeck_gs_m-top_LI.jpg
IMG_5281.jpeg
IMG_5282.jpeg

TS
B

BostonSL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just heard back from the ski shop.. Atomic now says that this isn't part of the binding and they don't have these pieces anywhere. "nothing we can do for the customer" These skis are 12 runs old. Any advice? Maybe someone has some parts lying around?!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just heard back from the ski shop.. Atomic now says that this isn't part of the binding and they don't have these pieces anywhere. "nothing we can do for the customer" These skis are 12 runs old. Any advice? Maybe someone has some parts lying around?!
Paging @ScotsSkier to the SkiTalk Courtesy Phone. Past that Craigslist/FB Market

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Eh, check with @KingGrump too.

IIRC the Grumps wore out a bunch of Atomic SLs of that era, and a torsionally beat ski would still have a usable clip, maybe.

That is a TL binding usually packaged with consumer race skis. All our skis are FIS with X VAR bindings.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I am not familiar with those but sure looks like you could find a fix at your local hardware store.

Sponsor