• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Are your local MTB trails actually be dumbed down?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I don't see much to be negative about with MTB trails. Maybe that's just a function of where I live. We have a good variety of trails, easy, hard, whatever. We also have plain old wilderness. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

As far as box-sales, the biggest barrier was manufacturers being unwilling to let their products be released to the masses with "skills" to assemble their products. Maybe they'll have to stop caring about that. Used to be they wouldn't warranty anything that wasn't assembled by a dealer.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
.... you can't buy Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes, you can't buy an America's Cup Yacht, you can't buy an F-22, but you can buy the Aaron Gwin's bike or Fabian Cancellara's bike.

And isn't that so cool about the sport? Yet you can also spend half that amount, and end up with 90% of the performance. I have to admit, when I still owned dirt bikes, it was kind of funny to park my KTM next to my mtb, and laugh about them costing about the same.

As far as dumbing down trails, that's a tough topic. I personally love tough technical trails, but my wife loves flowing intermediate trails. I've learned that I can enjoy EVERY trail for what it has to offer. We're lucky enough to live in an area with huge amounts of single track right on the edge of town (Hood River, Oregon). The dumbing down thing (gawd, I hate that derogatory term, as if beginners should not be encouraged) has been pretty adequately addressed in a simple manner: the higher you go in Post Canyon, the tougher the trails. Seems to be working darn well.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
trail bikes not trails.

I would love to see video of you riding with out a trail.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January