• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Apple CarPlay will now support 3rd Party Nav Apps!

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hello Waze!

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 1.47.34 PM.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am glad they are putting some effort into CarPlay. Now, I would like to access my Chamberlin Garage App from CarPlay.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I adore Waze and don't go anywhere without it. It's my navigational american express card. We usually use it in lieu of Michaels' car navigation because much of the time Waze is just better.

James

Out There
Instructor
I like waze because it at least downloads a fair amount of the map. So crappy 3rd world cell service, like Vermont, isn't as bad. Its annoyance is it can be horribly slow to figure out a route. I will say some of its work arounds, like traffic near the GW bridge, are amazing. Much to the chagrin of locals.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I go back and forth on Waze. I think it works better if you already have some local knowledge.

Yesterday it found a crazy route through Jersey City to the tunnel, but that was after it cost me a half hour because it committed to a Jersey route too early. I would have crossed the river at the TZB or even more north. Waze would work better for long routes if you could put in a preferred route and only leave that route of there was a long delay. That might make it work faster too because it would only need to solve the last 10 or 15 miles of a trip to the city.

It's amazing how many people use it around NYC. Traffic on the Sprain can be fast and crazy, with cars weaving around all the slow-in -the-passing-lane, and as soon as you hear "police reported ahead" it all calms down to the speed limit. You don't even need the app to know there's a cop. If the towns were really interested in keeping speeds down instead of revenue, they would fire the cops and just flood Waze with fake police reports.

dm

Sponsor

Staff online