• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody have experience with Stöckli Race skis?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That is it but not the consumer version. The FIS skis were classical race construction not the Beta construction of the consumer ones. The FIS skis have the top corners rounded so they kind of look like the consumer ones but they are of very different construction. If you are really into skis pick up a used pair of factory skis and behold...the current Women's are barely approachable by mere mortals but the older 21 and 23 m ones are pretty fun at warp speed...you can get them cheap.

.....or, you could just get some Blossoms.
They make many of the FIS skis for the major ski factories except Head.

Actually the current women’s 30 m are much more approachable than you think....flex is much more important than radius....

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure if this is any help to you, but I got a chance to demo a pair of the Stockli Laser GS today-they were the consumer race carvers-180 @18.2m. They were a 4 year or so old pair but well maintained by a former race coach. First impression- Stockli smoothness and unflapability. Flex was good-you did have to stay on them and the tail let you know if you were in the back seat. I'm used to the feel of Atomics, and these seemed a step up. I'll be keeping an eye out for a pair to use in our beer league.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January