• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Affordable Stowe Lodging

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m kicking around driving up to Stowe sometime in February. What are some of the better, affordable lodging options up there? It doesn’t need to be super fancy but I’m sure my wife will tag along so it will need to be decent in terms of cleanliness, updated, etc

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Most places in Stowe are on the usual booking sites (Expedia, etc).

I’ve stayed at all of them at one point or another and they’re all “good”. Fanciest (and most expensive) are probably TopNotch and the Stoweflake.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually just pick something from booking.com. THey have all been fine, though some have been "just a room." Cross correlate with the motel websites to see if they have common areas worth hanging out in or better room decorations.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks everyone. There are some decent places coming up on booking.com for good prices.

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’ve stayed at the Mountaineer Inn a few times and have never had an issue. They serve a hot breakfast. It has a very homey feel. They even have a pool and a hot tub but the jets in the hot tub don’t usually work. I think they might have a sauna too. One bonus is that you can take the astowe shuttle to and from the mountain.

bmoreiskier

Booting up
Skier
I've stayed at the green mountain inn a few times, might be a bit more pricey than other options but has a great outdoor pool and hot tub if that is important to you and right in town. We've also stayed at butler house in town, no pool but very nice and spacious rooms and next-door to black cap coffee for breakfast. Good value

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve stayed at the Mountaineer Inn a few times and have never had an issue. They serve a hot breakfast. It has a very homey feel. They even have a pool and a hot tub but the jets in the hot tub don’t usually work. I think they might have a sauna too. One bonus is that you can take the astowe shuttle to and from the mountain.
I like the Stowe Shuttle access!

House I'm at this weekend is described as "close to the shuttle". Just how close I've know idea, hope it's close I may not want to use the car to and from the MT.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone have any experience with the Trapp Family Lodge? My wife noticed this place. It looks pricey compared to the others. Is it worth the extra cost or are you paying for the name?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Anyone have any experience with the Trapp Family Lodge? My wife noticed this place. It looks pricey compared to the others. Is it worth the extra cost or are you paying for the name?

It's not bad, I put up my in-laws there last time they visited. I find some of the staff a little pompous and the general attitude keeps us from frequenting the restaurant.

The Innsbrook is usually dependable or see if there are any deals at the Mtn resort.

If you can find somewhere on the shuttle it works just fine.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Topnotch is good. Edson Hill is also nice (stay there often). GreenMountain is nice and quaint (also stayed there a lot). I would say those three are the best options. Stowe Mountain Lodge is overrun with kids.

Sponsor

Staff online