• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aces Ski Camp - Alta

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Right.

And to make it even more confusing, there was yet another Tony involved with discussing that outfit here (and/or on Epic). Not me.
Right, 2 (or more?) Tony’s.

Tony C to be exact, for the immigrants from Epicski and/or firsttrack.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
My son-in-law and I have used Extremely Canadian every year for the last 7 years for private coaching. We've continually skied with the same coach each year, a CSIA Level 4 big mountain skier. Personally, I think it was very good value for money on two fronts. First, the terrain at W/B is incredibly complex, and there's lines that we've skied that there is no way we would have found ourselves. Further, because the terrain is so extreme, there are many places that you might find yourself clipped out, hazards you might obliviously ski into or around, and if you are going to seek that terrain out, it is well worth my money to have someone who is going to assist you in matching the environment, snow conditions, and skill to keep you (reasonably) safe. Second, the coaching is first rate. CSIA Level 4's are, IMO, ski gods, a definite step above PSIA Level 3's and most PSIA examiners. I've found their coaching to help with the issues I'm working on in my skiing but we've mainly focused on skiing big lines with consequences.

The terrain at W/B is simply amazing. Take Jackson, Snowbird, Big Sky together and it probably wouldn't match the quantity of terrain at W/B. All you need is snow.

Mike

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The terrain at W/B is simply amazing. Take Jackson, Snowbird, Big Sky together and it probably wouldn't match the quantity of terrain at W/B. All you need is snow.

All you need is snow... however, the ability to see more than two turns in front of you is certainly helpful.

Disclaimer: I've only been to W/B once for the gathering there a few years ago. Tricia's comment of "I now know what it's like to be inside a milk bottle" summed it up.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
however, the ability to see more than two turns in front of you is certainly helpful.

Are you suggesting I should ski further ahead when I lead your group next time out.

punny20

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Out of the Peruvian.

I think this was an actually relevant Instagram ad presented to me. Inquired about further info, it's tempting, albeit a bit pricey "looking" but digging in might be worth it, not sure yet.
https://www.altaperuvian.com/aces-ski-camp/

Definitely more than say Taos Ski Camp which I'm also heavily considering for birthday week (OK, I celebrate birth month, I admit it) this year.
I did it and thought it was a bit pricey compared to other alta camps which was same price but included the 3 day lift ticket.....

Sponsor

Staff online