• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

90 Year old ski instructor

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Thanks for the update!

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My friend Tom Brennan continues to teach kids at Breckenridge at age 93. When we met 11 years ago, he told me he was going to retire at 90 and I told him I'd go one year beyond whatever he did. He lied:roflmao: so I don't know what I'll do:huh:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope I'm skiing that well when I'm, oh, let's say 60!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
WOW All Wonderful Mentors for us. I hope I can ski when I'm 100 or more! Hurrah for Freddie, She is awesome, 98 now, still active, she is a local legend she's being honored soon for all she's done for local skiing.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, she skis well.
We had a guy who taught till 84. Skied like a bat out of hell the last time I skied with him, he was 82. I mean you had to work to keep up.
He did crash a lot. Well I don't know a lot, but they were always notable.

He ended up falling skiing alone, his usual practice. He got up, his neck hurt. Skied down to first aid. Walks in head down, points to his neck, "It hurts. Can ya look at it?". They put him in a soft collar and sent him off to the hospital. Turned out he broke his neck. That's when they made him retire.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My buddy Lou Batori, who got on national news when celebrating his 100th birthday by skiing a Nastar course, got so he skied faster and faster. I asked why and he replied that turning was too much work!!!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January