• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale 2023 Head Power Joy w/Protector 11

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We rescued these from a ski swap because we didn't think any one there would appreciate them (they didn't).

Here is our review...

168cm

$550 $500 shipped CONUS

IMG_3958.jpeg IMG_3959.jpeg IMG_3960.jpeg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IIRC, SkiTalk had some influence in thei PowerJoy being brought to market...

From 2018...
1700412094085.png
There is no question that the Joy series has been one of the most groundbreaking women's ski collections since the turn of the century, but the strongest women skiers are still on Supershapes and Kores. A beefier yet still lo-cal Power Joy could keep that influencer on a woman’s ski. While we are asking for the moon, a women’s Kore with a hot pink sidewall ... better yet, throw caution to the wind and make the whole topsheet -- err, core -- hot pink.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just an update, these are Protector 11's not 13's but they are the same housing as the 13, a step up from the SLR 11. Price drop to $500 shipped ... and we will include a "Supporter Upgrade" for a year.

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
For a 5' 7" 178lb human? Advanced but not very agressive.

Current skis:
2010 or 2012? 98mmNemesis 169 from Start haus Summer sale. One of those years. Extremely ugly but super stable flat tail unforgiving charger. Been her carver/crud charger.

115mm Pandora 172 fish graphic.

QST 98 168

circa 2010 Dynastar Exclusive Legend 165 75mm soft carvers. Not used in a decade.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
They sound amazing. I have new love for the joy series. I love my 2023 Super Joys. I am suprised at their versatility plus hard pack prowess.

The power joy sounds even more impressive. I wish I was in the market for a new pair of skis.

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
In addition to above size question: used? Condition of bases, edges, and topsheet? Look unridden from topsheet and binder photos.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In addition to above size question: used? Condition of bases, edges, and topsheet? Look unridden from topsheet and binder photos.
All are very good.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For a 5' 7" 178lb human? Advanced but not very agressive.

Current skis:
2010 or 2012? 98mmNemesis 169 from Start haus Summer sale. One of those years. Extremely ugly but super stable flat tail unforgiving charger. Been her carver/crud charger.

115mm Pandora 172 fish graphic.

QST 98 168

circa 2010 Dynastar Exclusive Legend 165 75mm soft carvers. Not used in a decade.
To quote the Kool-Aid man "Oh, yeah!!!" If you want to add a serious carver, these are a great option. And with a Protector, a safe option.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
does the ski know its a "woman's" ski?
Nope.
In fact, I sold a super joy to a guy who wanted a lighter carving ski for his groomer days at Palley Valley.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bump.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Meeting with someone tonight about skis. She has been out of skiing for while but getting back in. Her older skis where older racing SL ski. So we will see if these might work for her. They might be to long.

Sponsor

Staff online