• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023-2024 Killington Resort/Conditions/Meetups

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Its almost time to think about the upcoming ski season. I personally have upgraded to the Ikon full pass and will get 7 ski days at Kton this coming season. Here are a couple of video's I took while skiing the Superstar Glacier in late May. Last year was an very good one for New England spring skiing and especially Kton. Had a video of me doing some backcountry skiing so including it as a bonus.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
U/family making K-ton ur home mountain this winter?
No, however, I have an office down the road from K/P. Prior to Covid & everyone believing Vermont was “safe”, my biz would dip when everyone’s deductible reset January 1. I’d usually get a bunch of laps on a “long lunch”.

The good ole days. Who knows what this winter will bring, but K is the destination for early season & then Spring.

TBD too if I will be renting lane space for athletes on Superstar / Skylark or just pitching in w another camp.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Currently at the condo doing some bathroom remodeling, but no sign of snow yet! Cool late summer days are nice in the mountains.

This season will be a little different as we will need to travel between K and home in PA every two weeks, but we will try to start earlier and ski later into the spring.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Marker, how is the area looking in general after all the rain and mud slides that were in the news this summer? Are the roads back to normal or is there some construction and detours in the area?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm looking forward to having the beast365 pass this season. No more counting Killington and Pico days.

From what I hear Killington fared much better than the okemo and londonderry areas as far as flood damage.

Londonderry is navigatable now. Haven't been been north so not sure how it is that way.

Weirdly enough ascutney area was pretty much unscathed.

Fingers crossed for an earlier start to winter.

Leaves are starting to turn in londonderry and NW Connecticut

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Marker, how is the area looking in general after all the rain and mud slides that were in the news this summer? Are the roads back to normal or is there some construction and detours in the area?
I spent most of my time working in the bathroom and didn't see much to the east or south. The drive in from the west from NY on Rt 7 and 4 was uneventful.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
The mountain fired up the guns last night as cold temperatures have finally settled in. Cleaned out the boot bag yesterday following the final Mammoth turns last May. Found the skiing gummies that had melted in the heat of Death Valley NP on the way back. Hoping for a Thursday or Friday pass holder opening day. Time to get ready for the Eastern ski season kickoff.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The mountain fired up the guns last night as cold temperatures have finally settled in. Cleaned out the boot bag yesterday following the final Mammoth turns last May. Found the skiing gummies that had melted in the heat of Death Valley NP on the way back. Hoping for a Thursday or Friday pass holder opening day. Time to get ready for the Eastern ski season kickoff.
My wife saw this on FB! I've been removing the storage wax and applying the first coat of proper stuff to our skis. We will miss the opening day WROD and hike, but hope for top-to-bottom skiing when we come up for a short stay in mid-November.

Mid-October we hiked up the backside of Killington Peak from the Bucklin Trailhead past the abandoned AT shelter near Northridge. Interesting last mile but worthy to get you ready for the opening day hike!

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Mid-October we hiked up the backside of Killington Peak from the Bucklin Trailhead past the abandoned AT shelter near Northridge. Interesting last mile but worthy to get you ready for the opening day hike!
That AT shelter is called Cooper Lodge. Easy ski/out but it is outside the resort boundary ropes. When the snow is deep you can ski right onto the roof.

Here is the last skiing shot that I have of you from April 17th.
IMG_1794 (1).jpg

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
This could be the year I slow up for passholder opening day. Trying to get Michael to come. He perked up at free lunch.
Remember skiers per acre will higher than your last May 14th ski day. Here is the final action shot I took of you last season. Killington truly has a seven month ski season.
IMG_1906.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Remember skiers per acre will higher than your last May 14th ski day. Here is the final action shot I took of you last season. Killington truly has a seven month ski season.
View attachment 214435

I'll never forget my TTB ski day with you guys on my first day of the season at K last year. After that experinece I worked all season long on my trail side skiing skills so I'm thinking it will less of an issue for me this time around. I love me some sides of the trails, especially when it's crowded. May 14th, wow. I do love Killington's long season.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That AT shelter is called Cooper Lodge. Easy ski/out but it is outside the resort boundary ropes. When the snow is deep you can ski right onto the roof.

Here is the last skiing shot that I have of you from April 17th.
View attachment 214434
I had heard of the shelter, not the name, but never visited it until our hike this month. Maybe this winter?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
From the web cams they are blowing on Superstar in preparation for the women's WC races AND they received some natural snow as well. From the weather radar, it looks like most of the NE resorts got something?

James

Out There
Instructor
You mean hike up the Killington peak and ski down somehow? Or another way?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've blocked out my calendar for opening day on Friday. Just need to pick up my ski boot from the shop in londonderry. I've a pair of skis there for a release check.

I've stuff for the next 2 weekends so my plan is to ski opening passholder day. Then come back midweek when it's TTB.

Sponsor

Staff online