• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023/2024 How many days so far?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Getting a bit antsy for some snow in the Northern Hemisphere? Here's where to tell us about your days for the 23-24 season!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So far, I have:

zero-nada.gif

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does Big Snow count?
To me it does. I see the place as a skiing gym. How better to get in shape for the snow then being on the snow? Want to call it "preseason" I'll accept that. I'll get 50-60 days in the "regular season" so the 6 or so 2 hour sessions (a lot of fun when the moguls are up) are of great use to me. I'm starting up Saturday

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking of making a trip from Boston to Big Snow. 4 hour drive but maybe spend the night in NYC doing something fun. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the place from watching YouTube video's, but if you have any tips to pass along would love to hear them. This will be me first time there, and planning to take the family who all got some new off season gear, be it skis or boots or something. Plan to take a never ever as well with all new gear.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What's the start date for the season considered to be?
When the new passes become valid? When the old ones don't work anymore? I'm thinking September 1 but that's just me. I'm not sure how they work it down under since their season is wrong.:ogbiggrin:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thinking of making a trip from Boston to Big Snow. 4 hour drive but maybe spend the night in NYC doing something fun. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the place from watching YouTube video's, but if you have any tips to pass along would love to hear them. This will be me first time there, and planning to take the family who all got some new off season gear, be it skis or boots or something. Plan to take a never ever as well with all new gear.
Last year I tried to run a gathering at big snow. It was fun, a couple of our members came and I think we had a couple of Ski Divas come and we went for something to eat afterwards. Very nice people came.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I did New Zealand in August to Sept., and I'm wondering which season that counts toward. :D
Hmmm, I imagine that days in the Southern Hemisphere could be counted in either season but not both.

22-23

Chris V.

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Counting toward 23-24 would work better, since I lost track last season, but I'll defer to the thread starter!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I did New Zealand in August to Sept., and I'm wondering which season that counts toward. :D
If I skied in the Southern Hemisphere this past summer I would count it as 22/23. You could check & see which year Epic pass you would need to ski down south :huh: ?
If I skied yesterday on old snow, I would count it as 22/23. If I ski tomorrow on new snow I would call it 23/24. Not sure when it switches if I were skiing on an alps glacier with fresh snow :huh::doh::huh:
@Stev has probably thought this dilemma through?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You could check & see which year Epic pass you would need to ski down south :huh: ?
2023-2024 Epic Pass is good in Australia for the 2024 season
2024 Epic Australia Pass is good in North America for the 2024-2025 season
2023-2024 Ikon Pass is good for both the 2023 and 2024 seasons in Australia and NZ

Not much help there.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
2023-2024 Epic Pass is good in Australia for the 2024 season
2024 Epic Australia Pass is good in North America for the 2024-2025 season
2023-2024 Ikon Pass is good for both the 2023 and 2024 seasons in Australia and NZ

Not much help there.
It’s mind boggling :ogbiggrin:!

Sponsor

Staff online