• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020-2021 Mid-Atlantic Resorts, Conditions, Weather, and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^

Wow... do they allow access when closed? It wouldn't be too bad a hike back up Deer Path and Lower Broadway to lap it. I mean, I probably wouldn't do it :P , but someone could.

DreaminBoutPow

Amateur hour
Skier
New guy here from PA. If anyone is interested in a slushfest, a Philly ski group I participate in will be at Roundtop on Saturday. Let me know on here and maybe I can put some faces to fake internet names!

May be my last day of the season, may not - we'll see. It was a good year anyways - at least as good as it was going to be given restrictions.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I was thinking about hitting Whitetail on Friday since I haven't been there yet this season (due to PA restrictions) and I think it's their last weekend. But it look like rain might keep me inside... In any case, I was looking at the webcams, and I will say that they ar being pretty aggressive about keeping runs open, on little snow...

The run in the upper left in this pic is Homerun, and is open, according to the website. I'm surprised. In prior years, I think they'd have closed that one.

View attachment 128208

Looks so much nicer at night.
1615944680204.png
I was also considering Whitetail this Friday, but the forecast doesn't bode well. Considering Saturday morning, but closing weekend crowd thoughts aren't all that appealing either.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the rain is going to mostly end overnight, so I'm going to hit Whitetail tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there? @MarkP ?

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Looks like the rain is going to mostly end overnight, so I'm going to hit Whitetail tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there? @MarkP ?

@dbostedo, I have a reservation. I have a couple of meetings in the morning, but if I can reschedule the 2nd, I should get there around 11am. If I can't free up, I probably won't go tomorrow, but may then break my no local weekend rule.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo, I have a reservation. I have a couple of meetings in the morning, but if I can reschedule the 2nd, I should get there around 11am. If I can't free up, I probably won't go tomorrow, but may then break my no local weekend rule.
Give me a ring if you're coming! I plan to be out there by 9.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Probably going to finish the local season this Sunday at Seven Springs then head north to Maine to visit my son and other friends. Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few pics from today at Whitetail... it was definitely getting thin out there. But they managed to have all the primary slopes open. You just had to slalom your way through the dirt patches at times...

Base Area
Whitetail 031921 250 ACR Conv Pano.jpg

Lift View
Whitetail 031921 251 ACR Conv.jpg

Lift View 2
Whitetail 031921 255 ACR Conv.jpg

Watch out for the rocks
Whitetail 031921 264 ACR Conv.jpg

New patrol shack at the top this year!
Whitetail 031921 274 ACR Conv.jpg

"Extreme"
Whitetail 031921 278 ACR Conv.jpg

@MarkP !
Whitetail 031921 291 ACR Conv.jpg

Exhibition... the bumps were not easy... Only skied them once
Whitetail 031921 294 ACR Conv.jpg

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Don't tell anyone, but the snow is still good at Sugar! The base, still feet deep. Skied more than four hours today until it got sticky.
I hate the bus outta the parking lot, Id go Beech Tuesday if your interested!!!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I hate the bus outta the parking lot, Id go Beech Tuesday if your interested!!!
This late you should be able to get a good parking spot at Sugar.. right up near the lodge. They're all cleaning their golf clubs and lubing the chains on their mountain bikes now. Crowds should be gone.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
Update: the recent rain washed away about half of the base at Sugar, and the warm temperature melted the rest, until the night before last, when it froze to Carolina Concrete.
Today it seemed I finally wore out the Summit Express! The main lift was out of operation this morning.

Last edited:

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
What ski areas will be open after this weekend?
7Springs says they'll be open April 3rd & 4th.
Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online