• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
tyrolia-logo-jpg.31380
BRANDMODELSTAND HEIGHT (mm)SETTING RANGEWEIGHT (g/pr)STANDARD BRAKE SIZES (mm)OPTIONAL BRAKE SIZES (mm)SOLE COMPATIBILITYCOLORS
TyroliaAttack2 11 GW213-11180090, 10078, 115DIN, GripWalkWhite/Silver, Red, Green, Black
FischerAttack2 11 AT283-11197090, 10078, 115DIN, GripWalkBlack
TyroliaAttack2 12 GW173.5-12207085, 95, 110130, 150DIN, GripWalkMatte White
TyroliaAttack2 13 GW174-13207085, 95, 110130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed, Green, Black
FischerAttack2 13 AT244-13223085, 95, 110130, 150DIN, GripWalkBlack
TyroliaAttack2 14 AT244-142230*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
Fischer/TyroliaAttack2 16 GW175-162240*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed, Green, Black
TyroliaAttack2 18 X GW178-182430*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed
Fischer/TyroliaAttack2 11 AT Demo29.53-11243085, 90, 10078, 115DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
Fischer/TyroliaAttack2 13 AT Demo324-13255095, 11085, 130, 150DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
     *Binding not sold with brakes.   
Note: All specs are based on information available at time of publishing and are subject to change. Some of these bindings might be branded as 4FRNT, Elan, or Kästle.

Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW

• Pluses: Lightweight, very responsive toe, fast return to center
  • Minuses: Significant ramp from heel to toe
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden MNC 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual

Fischer Attack2 11 AT
  • Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Will be tough to find in shops, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 11, Look NX11 Dual; Marker Griffon 11 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 12 GW
  • Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, best price in segment
  • Minuses: No WTR
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden MNC 11; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual; Marker Squire 11 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, best price in segment
  • Minuses: No WTR
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13, STH2 WTR 13, Look SPX 12 Dual, Pivot 12 AW, Pivot 14 AW; Marker Griffon 13 ID

Fischer Attack2 13 AT
  • Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Will be tough to find in shops, brakes sold a la carte (I didn't know this binding existed until last Spring)
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13; Look Pivot 14 AW; Marker Griffon 13 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 14 AT
  • Minuses: Will be tough to find in shops, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13; Look Pivot 14 AW; Marker Griffon 13 ID

Fischer/Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center
  • Minuses: No WTR, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 14 AW, Pivot 18; Marker Jester 16 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 18 X GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center
  • Minuses: No WTR, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 18; Marker Jester 18 Pro

Demo Bindings

Fischer/Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo

• Adjustment range: 259-382mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes w/manual toe height
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk, WTR, MNC
  • Pluses: Accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Brake no longer stays on plate
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 11 DT; Look NX 12 Konect; Marker Squire 11 TCX D

Fischer/Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo

• Adjustment range: 259-382mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes w/manual toe height
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk, WTR, MNC
  • Pluses: Accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Brake no longer stays on plate, high stand height
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13 DT; Look SPX 12 Konect; Marker FDT TPX 12, Griffon 13 TCX D, Griffon 13 D

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anyone using the PRD 12 MBS ?
Instead of being on a one-piece PowerRail , it is a 2-piece demo-binding with a fully compatible toe

https://www.tyrolia.com/shop/us-CA/skibindings/powerrail.html

I'm looking for a fully adjustable binding to possibly put on some flat Laser SX.

I believe this version of the PRD gives up any possibility of providing a "freeflex" feature that would reduce the "flat spot" some bindings can introduce in the ski's flex pattern. I'm not familiar yet with the MBS portion of this mechanism. The PowerRail series has had the ability to change out the plate type, but I'm not sure about this capability with the MBS in the mix. Do you really need the MBS? Do you have GW boot soles?

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My boots are standard, no need for GW, but that need can change with a new set of boots.

The MBS looks like a "Racier version" of the Attack demo -> toe & heel have their own track.
https://www.tyrolia.com/shop/us-CA/skibindings/powerrail/prd-12-mbs-3.html

Per Tyrolia, the 2-piece plate:
Twin PR Base
"New in the PowerRail segment is the weight saving Twin PR base – a two piece base system without mid part for unhindered ski flex"
https://www.tyrolia.com/en-CA/technology/powerrail/

This is looking like my preferred option for the flat Laser SX

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
My boots are standard, no need for GW, but that need can change with a new set of boots.

The MBS looks like a "Racier version" of the Attack demo -> toe & heel have their own track.
https://www.tyrolia.com/shop/us-CA/skibindings/powerrail/prd-12-mbs-3.html

Per Tyrolia, the 2-piece plate:
Twin PR Base
"New in the PowerRail segment is the weight saving Twin PR base – a two piece base system without mid part for unhindered ski flex"

This is looking like my preferred option for the flat Laser SX

That comment about "no mid part for unhindered flex" is an incomplete statement and really not entirely true. There is a plate for the PowerRail that provides the freeflex option (it has oblong holes for screws that slide along the plate). There is also a plate that doesn't; so they're stating a half truth. The idea that eliminating the middle portion of the plate amounts to truly unhindered flex is stretching the truth if there's really no ability for the toe and/or heel to slide along a track during ski flex. Personally, if I'm going PRD, then I want the freeflex plate (with the optional dampeners).

The Attack demo has a wider footprint, but I don't believe that's really needed for this particular ski. Even so, if it's a Laser (any Laser) I have put racing bindings with a plate on the ski. A Stockli Laser just kind of "demands" it. ;)

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Yup, I chatted with Scott/Dawg and he happens to have a Head plate floating around in his goody-pile for me, and I'll grab a Freeflex EVO 16.
That should be worthy of the Laser SX. :thumb:

If you look at the pics in the link for the PowerRails, it appears all have 2 fixed screws, and 2 with oblong holes for slide/flex, including the 2-piece.

Though thanks Francois & Noodler for leaning me towards a race-binding ogsmile

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Question about brake width....

I'm scoping out some Attack 12 or 13s while the sales are going on, as I'm likely going to replace my daily driver at some point next year. Looks like I have brake options of 95 or 110. If I'm looking at a 98 or 100 ski - is it ok to go with a 95 brake and widen/bend it? Or better to go with a 110 brake?

Thanks!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Question about brake width....

I'm scoping out some Attack 12 or 13s while the sales are going on, as I'm likely going to replace my daily driver at some point next year. Looks like I have brake options of 95 or 110. If I'm looking at a 98 or 100 ski - is it ok to go with a 95 brake and widen/bend it? Or better to go with a 110 brake?

Thanks!

@Philpug can answer this best but I’m pretty sure a Look 95mm brake will fit a 98mm ski no problem.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Btw. The Attack14 AT fits you’re race skis for GripWalk without the overhang of the Attack16. The trade off is less metal.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
^^^ Yup, I chatted with Scott/Dawg and he happens to have a Head plate floating around in his goody-pile for me, and I'll grab a Freeflex EVO 16.
That should be worthy of the Laser SX. :thumb:

If you look at the pics in the link for the PowerRails, it appears all have 2 fixed screws, and 2 with oblong holes for slide/flex, including the 2-piece.

Though thanks Francois & Noodler for leaning me towards a race-binding ogsmile

I'm searching for somewhere that will sell the Twin PR Base (art. no. 119276). @ARL67 - would you happen to have another set?

Anyhow, what the Twin PR base does allow is easier adjustment of binding delta through the use of shims. If anyone else has a source for these bases then please let me know. TIA

Sponsor

Staff online