• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2019 Marker Piston Plate race xCell bindings help

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Just picked up a pair of 19 Volkl Deacon Pro 74 with Piston Plates.and xCell race bindings.

I don't have the shop manual it appears the heel setup is identical to older race plates but the xcell toepiece mounts differently. I have multiple skis with the older EPS Raceplate and have experience with the setup.

Does anyone have a copy paste showing installation/ removal instruction or perhaps photos of a disassembled xCell toepiece from the raceplate? Also will my older Marker shims work on the xCell toepiece?

Or linky to a previous thread which illustrates?

Thanks!

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
PM your email and I can send a copy of the Marker Tech Manual.
Here are some pics from the manual.
Marker Plate Setup SL.jpg Marker Plate Setup.jpg

TS
hrstrat57

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
I figured out the toepiece was a clever 2 piece design and removed it cleanly. Reset from 1/7 to my usual 2/6 bit forward setting I run on my RaceTigers. If I need to shim the toepiece as I normally do I’ll clearly need new xCell shims for toepiece.

Clever update this toepiece...but getting the little rubber snowskirt to square back up during reassembly was tricky

@Dakine it would be nice to have a manual if offer is still good.

Edit:

Just realized I forgot to post pics of what it all looked like ripped apart on my shop bench

skifastDDS

AKA doublediamond223
Skier
Old marker shims will still work, the heels are identical. For the toes, you'll need to add two holes where the new xcell screws are, the existing two holes are in the right place. The single midline hole for the comp is not used.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January