• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2019 Head i.SL vs 2019 Rossignol Hero Elite ST Ti

shaneynice

Carving fiend
Skier
I'm deciding between these two skis. Has anyone tried both or spoken to reps at Head/Rossi about them?

Rossignol has a proper plate on the ski this year & it seems like the Head is relatively unchanged.

I'm 30, 6'2 / 200lbs & looking for a really fun daily carver with an SL feel & radius.... currently on a Head iRace (16m radius).

Neveitalia has done a thorough review of both skis but I don't speak Italian :)
https://www.neveitalia.it/materiali/sci/2019/rossignol/hero-elite-st-ti

Thanks for any insights & thoughts!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Chrome will translate the page for you.

TS
shaneynice

shaneynice

Carving fiend
Skier
Yea -- even with the translation via chrome -- it's still hard to totally understand.. Thanks

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Haven't skied the Rossi, but own last season's iSL. Very very fun. They just ski well. Scalpels on your feet, and rock solid/predictable at speed. Tenacious edge grip, but release well and predicably. 5'11" #205, so similar size.

(to clarify, I'm talking about the iSL RD FIS slalom ski.)

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yea -- even with the translation via chrome -- it's still hard to totally understand.. Thanks

You are from NYC so you should have plenty of experience dealing with non-native English speakers. Just wave your hands and things will become clearer.

Synonyms:
Curve = Turn
Compact slopes = Ice
"shoot" at the end of the turn = rebound.

It's pretty clear for me. Maybe I've lived in NYC too long.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm deciding between these two skis. Has anyone tried both or spoken to reps at Head/Rossi about them?

Rossignol has a proper plate on the ski this year & it seems like the Head is relatively unchanged.

I'm 30, 6'2 / 200lbs & looking for a really fun daily carver with an SL feel & radius.... currently on a Head iRace (16m radius).

Neveitalia has done a thorough review of both skis but I don't speak Italian :)
https://www.neveitalia.it/materiali/sci/2019/rossignol/hero-elite-st-ti

Thanks for any insights & thoughts!

Where do you ski? (Question behind the question: How hard is your ice?)

I have not been on the Head. I owned the 2015-16 ST Ti in a 162. I am 5' 7" 135lbs. It's a fun carver but it does not have the grip of a race ski. Based on what markojp said about the Head, guessing the Rossi probably is a less "serious" ski, even with the new plate. Whether that's good or bad for you depends ...

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
To clarify, I'm skiing the iSL RD FIS ski in a 165. Don't mess with the non-FIS skis. They have even more side cut, are generally a bit too soft in the forebody, so they get squirrelly and weird. The FIS skis need attention, but they aren't the big bad dream crushers some make them out to be.

Last edited:
TS
shaneynice

shaneynice

Carving fiend
Skier
I mainly ski out west, Deer Valley etc... so not as much ice on the east coast... & interesting to hear... maybe the RD is the move.

Sponsor

Staff online