• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 online refresher

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Am I the only person who feels like the narrator is constantly yelling at us? It sounds like the guy's had way too much coffee and is trying to talk over a loud bar scene.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope, you are not alone. It's only 2018, I'm sure sound proof rooms and good narrators will be created in the next century.

Just did a 4 hour trainer refresher last night. 3rd year doing hybrid, somehow we took a big step backwards on time. Should of been less than 2 hrs. The whole back boarding guidelines and renaming twice in one year has some people thoroughly confused. :nono:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
What is that you say? Speak up man! You are mumbling!

Setting the sound way down worked very well for me.

TS
chilehed

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hate being yelled at even at low volumes. I turned the sound off, but still...

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I liked last years and the previous.. I fast forwarded through each section. I have not looked at this years online portion yet, however, my sister did it already and only commented that it was just videos this year.

My region is a bit disorganized this year.. we have dates for the refresher next month but every other detail is still being worked out.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked last years and the previous.. I fast forwarded through each section. I have not looked at this years online portion yet, however, my sister did it already and only commented that it was just videos this year.

My region is a bit disorganized this year.. we have dates for the refresher next month but every other detail is still being worked out.
Can't fast forward this year.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well so far I signed up for the course and set up the online portion. I did answer the 2 questions in the first quiz but so far that's all.....Man this is tough.:daffy:

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Tomorrow is our refresher. Looks like we have 68 patrollers this year.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got the online portion and refresher workbook finished this weekend! Refresher coming up Nov 17. Utah Snow and Avalanche Workshop is October 26 and 27. The season is just around the corner:golfclap: :yeah:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would the online refresher be of any use to non ski patrol people?

Carolinacub

Skier
Would the online refresher be of any use to non ski patrol people?
The way the OEC program works is that you take the full OEC program prior to becoming a patroller and then every year you retest on 1/3 of the program. The only way to have access is to be a registered patroller and sign up for it through the NSP. It is also patrol unit specific. So for me I went the NSP website and found my specific patrols class and signed up for it. Then I had to jump through some other hoops to start the actual online program.

Now to actually answer your question. Yes it could be a benefit to a non patroller. My wife used to work in the medical field and she will occasionally hang out with me as I listen to the videos and look at the online material. Every once in a while some subject will come up that she has knowledge of and she'll exclaim "oh I'd forgotten about that" or "Oh that's how that works". so yeah knowledge is always good.

Carolinacub

Skier
so I finally did the online refresher in totality, pretty annoying. have our on hill in the morning should be fun.

Sponsor

Staff online