• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2017 Blizzard Quattro RX Review

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Hey PugSki!

The SkiEssentials.com crew got out on some of the new Blizzard Quattro frontside skis this week. First ski we took a closer look at is one of flagship Quattro models, the RX. The RX has the widest platform in the Quattro line (shared with the Quattro 8.4Ti) and is designed to excel in softer snow conditions. We had an absolute blast on them!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any input on mogul performance?

Any 84 I buy will be skiing everything on the mountain.

In fact, that's why I'm looking at it!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Just an FYI its kinda of funny to watch Jeff ripping groomers which he does quite well as this is a guy who an amazing park skier.

Any real comparo to the out going X powers?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any input on mogul performance?

Any 84 I buy will be skiing everything on the mountain.

In fact, that's why I'm looking at it!

I skied them in some bumps and they were pert good. Better than some of the other offerings in this segment because they are a bit straighter in sidecut and they don't catch at the extremities. The RX is more powerful for sure but if you are looking for a bit more versatility, drop down to the 8.4 which is the same construction and integrates the 12 DIN X-Cell binding versus the 14 DIX version plus las a shorter suspension integration. It is also $200.00 less. This ski will be better in the bumps with minimal loss in greener performance.

The X-Power is 81 underfoot and had a different IQ design that made them a bit stiffer in the mid body. The shape of the ski is similar but I do think it is a much better evolution.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The RX is more powerful for sure but if you are looking for a bit more versatility, drop down to the 8.4 which is the same construction and integrates the 12 DIN X-Cell binding versus the 14 DIX version plus las a shorter suspension integration. It is also $200.00 less. This ski will be better in the bumps with minimal loss in greener performance.

Good input. Thanks!

The 8.4 might suit me. Even though I'm on the heavy side at 195, I find I like a bit softer ski these days (slightly preferring the Motive 95 over the Hell & Back, for instance), so the 8.4 at 181 might suit me better than the RX at 174. In any event, just doing some pre-shopping for what I'll call next season's new frontside plus skis. It will be interesting to hear about the new Nordica GTs, etc.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Just an FYI its kinda of funny to watch Jeff ripping groomers which he does quite well as this is a guy who an amazing park skier.

Haha, thanks buddy!

Comparison to the X-Powers? More versatile. Easier to manipulate turn shape. Better in softer snow for sure.

Sponsor