• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale 2016 Stockli Stormrider 95 in 183 with attack 13 demos

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
The definitive western do all ski, in great shape, 8.5 out of 10. Only one mark worth mentioning on the base for disclosure purposes. I’m picky and ocd about the condition of my gear and it doesn’t bother me a bit. One little bite out of a top sheet and a couple superficial scratches. Edges are set at 3 degrees, never checked the base bevel. Skis will arrive sharp and a nice gliding LF wax for 15+ degrees.

Looking for $550 plus actual shipping. Pay pal as a gift works as does a check with time to clear.

If you want a fresh grind and world cup quality structure, I can facilitate that too for another $60.

A fantastic refined ski, but just fills too small of a niche for this Midwest skier. Someone else should be skiing the hell out of these all season long.

Pics at the bottom show the only blend worth mentioning, they are in great shape.

9B5B87B1-435A-4BA1-A79D-883AD6E20B1A.jpeg CC080929-63B0-485C-BE27-A16BC8BA86ED.jpeg 8317782B-6143-4E12-AE67-04A8130C41D6.jpeg 51FEAE4C-F20B-4D53-A0D2-1D56943BFD05.jpeg 1AAFB2E6-BDAB-4606-96B4-DAD8F9BED457.jpeg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
There you go people. The carbon insert babies with an adjustable binding.

TS
trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Bump. If no Pug Skiers are interested, these go on Ebay Thursday.

I'd rather give a donation to Pugski than to ebay. :)

James

Out There
Instructor
So, those who missed out on the tartan SR 95 in the other thread can get this. @Noodler , any views on the carbon insert model vs the tartan plaid version?

I will say that this carbon one looks like you got off an alien craft doing research into silly human primitive technology. It is very good looking. Photos do not do it justice. I remember seeing it in the store in 193cm or 5. Awesome. I texted fairtomiddlin and he bought the 183 version at 40% off. Bad snow year, April sale.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So, those who missed out on the tartan SR 95 in the other thread can get this. @Noodler , any views on the carbon insert model vs the tartan plaid version?

I will say that this carbon one looks like you got off an alien craft doing research into silly human primitive technology. It is very good looking. Photos do not do it justice. I remember seeing it in the store in 193cm or 5. Awesome. I texted fairtomiddlin and he bought the 183 version at 40% off. Bad snow year, April sale.

I own the 16-17 gen SR95 with the carbon inserts and the 14-15 previous gen with the green lettering. I have not skied the latest "plaid/scotch" version of the SR95. However, I did message @FairToMiddlin about the differences and I don't believe he would mind me re-posting his response here.

From FTM:
"The 16-17 was a departure from the previous Gen, for sure. It followed Stockli’s previous gen SR88, which was a more easygoing ski. If you want something that commands respect like the green decal SR, the Fischer MTN 95 Ti is the current stick that’ll remind you of the old gen. Of course, the Fischer isn’t as refined as a Stockli, but it is pretty good, and it is certainly beefy. The 18-19 SR95 feels a lot like the 16-17, minus some feel; the non-carbon tip doesn’t communicate as well as the 16-17, it feels more vague. I know all of that sounds bad, but things are looking up. The new SR88 is excellent (stronger, responds more immediately), and I am hoping in a year or two they infuse its goodness into a new-gen 95."

My personal experience is that the 16-17 carbon insert SR95 has more of a soft-snow bias than the previous gen or the current release. The tip is definitely softer, but it still is quite stable when ripping groomers. I'm skiing this ski at +1 after testing multiple spots. Once you find your optimal mount position, it's amazing just how "planted" this ski feels at high speeds even though the tips are rockered and soft. It's nowhere near as quick in deep snow as my Wailler 112's, but it is a much smoother ride.

Sponsor

Staff online