• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mary Jane opens Thanksgiving! Earliest since 2010-2011.

And, at A-basin Pali is coming soon. In the meantime, you can earn your turns on Salamon Slope. :) I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense. From Al's blog:

Slalom Slope is open for a while this afternoon and the skiing is quite good. Most seasons we will open the Slalom area for a few days prior to opening Pali Lift. Skiers and riders have to hike up a little bit from the saddle to access the skiing. By opening terrain in this fashion, we pack the snow out slowly over a few days. Generally, this keeps the snow in better shape and you get a little adventure by having to hike.
http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2015/11/slalom-slope-open-this-afternoon.html

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How is the weather in Colorado? Are things filling in nicely?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
How is the weather in Colorado? Are things filling in nicely?

There hasn't been any new snow since Friday, but it looks like we'll get small accumulations again starting Weds.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
We're a little above average so far in the I-70 area. OpenSnow is doing these charts for every mountain this season, which I love, but they're hidden way on the bottom of the page, so hard to notice:

arapahoebasin.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ahhhh, Arapahoe Basin.

We're a little above average so far in the I-70 area. OpenSnow is doing these charts for every mountain this season, which I love, but they're hidden way on the bottom of the page, so hard to notice:

arapahoebasin.jpg

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Once again, I'll play straight man to Kevin's reply.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Beaver Creek sucked today.
One very nice core shot and innumerable lesser insults leave me disgusted at their decision to open so much really marginal terrain, in order to claim opening with the greatest acreage since 2002.
I cry BS:nono:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Beaver Creek sucked today.
One very nice core shot and innumerable lesser insults leave me disgusted at their decision to open so much really marginal terrain, in order to claim opening with the greatest acreage since 2002.
I cry BS:nono:

That's how I've felt when skiing Beaver Creek early season. Really nasty terrain.

But as for core shots - pics or it didn't happen!

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I dropped the E100s off at Mountain Rentals on the way home. Friday and Saturday I'm bringing the rock skis.
What is it like at Breck?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I dropped the E100s off at Mountain Rentals on the way home. Friday and Saturday I'm bringing the rock skis.
What is it like at Breck?

I'll find out tomorrow!

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Please report in.
Trying to decide where to go on Friday.
Today I started at Beaver Creek, which had some patches of nice snow, but generally poor coverage. Then I moved over to Copper. And I finished up at Loveland.
Nothing came close to the excellent conditions at Vail yesterday.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's fascinating about Beaver Creek. You'd think given their higher-end clientele they would be more conservative about opening terrain. It is kinda roughing it to get a core shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online