• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 174 Renoun Z-90

TS
S

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry ... I thought I had my notifications turned on. Oops.

Are they mounted on the mark or have they been moved forward or back some?

They are not mounted on the mark. I believe they are not quite as far back as the Phil recommendation, however. There was some discrepancy at the shop, and I told them to split the difference. I will have to look up the exact numbers.

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are photos ... skis have never needed any repairs for damage or had a base grind, so there are superficial scratches. The topsheet has a narrow 1-in. chip on one tail. They were skied probably 25 days, but few of those were full days.

fullsizeoutput_5616.jpeg pwpkpcF2QemQ1XiCl99zsA.jpg 9TG0r6k4SvW0LfP1PkX9xQ.jpg AKHEHpYZSJi6NtESRwAJYw.jpg gjOBSOH4RraODxN6TvDDZA.jpg Ub0raaHaRciRUHVh1QYjgw.jpg HmHiSdpBSMmiVQH5xJ9YKw.jpg P2j1XgxCR6OmifM35X1saw.jpg

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone willing to c/c these with the Fischer Motive 95's?

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone willing to c/c these with the Fischer Motive 95's?

Well, I can do that! I currently own a Stormrider 95, a Motive 95, and this Z-90. The purchase of the SR 95 kind of obviated the Renoun and the Fischer. I prefer the Motive 95 to the Z-90 off piste, partly because of shape and partly because of length (180 vs 174). The Renoun is spectacular on piste, and merely awesome off piste. It is so so smooth. But then Stöckli happened .... I don't feel like I'm giving up anything on or off piste with the SR 95; it is like rolling those two other skis into one, so I tend to grab it rather than decide between the other two. The 174 Motive 95 was too short off piste, but the 175 SR 95 isn't, and it's nice having a little shorter ski in bumps and trees and other tight spots.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thx. Very helpful.
ogsmile

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am entertaining offers! (Especially offers that are entertaining.)
$100. Did that make you laugh? Was it entertaining?:roflmao:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These skis would work for my 290 BSL but my SR100’s probably do everything nearly as well as they would. And I live in PA where we are currently having a non-winter, and we just got fat bikes, and I am not coming out West this winter, and I am saving up for a bathroom remodel, and also a summer trip to Iceland, and, and....

Lordy, somebody needs to buy these skis!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Where I have mostly been skiing the Z90 in a 180, I was out on it in a 174 yesterday, I forgot how much fun the 174 was. This is such a good ski...and mated with a Pivot....drool.

Sponsor

Staff online