• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Zurich Airport Wifi???

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Last time I flew into Zurich (well, the only time i've flown into Zurich, to be accurate) the only way to get WiFi would've been to find some obscure office on an undetermined floor of the terminal and pay an undisclosed sum for a one-hour window. What with duffle, backpack & ski bag to wrangle, it was easier just to use my cc at a pay phone to call my friend.
Does anyone have a WiFi solution at ZRH for my trip there next month? Or is the cc/pay phone still the simpler option?
Thanks/Jim

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Things have improved a bit since then, you can now get 2 hours free access. Details of how to log on can be found at the bottom of this page https://www.zurich-airport.com/passengers-and-visitors/airport-services-en/internet-and-app There is also free WiFi at the railway station located below check-in 3.

If you are travelling on by train check out the Swiss Transfer Ticket, it may offer a saving over the cost of a regular train ticket https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holid...zerland/swisstravelsystem/swiss-transfer.html you must buy it from outside Switzerland.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Toni, thanks very much! That WiFi option will be perfect.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
And...the Transfer Ticket won't work as I'm only taking one train,
BUT the website kindly guided me to a Supersaver Ticket that's getting me to Davos at half price!
Thanks once again.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Your welcome, are you aware that the Supersaver Tickets are for specific trains? If your flight is delayed and you miss the train you will have to buy a new ticket. If you try to wing it the conductor might fine you CHF 90 and charge you for a new ticket.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Yes, Toni, and I'll only take advantage if schedules work out so that I spend at least a couple of hours in Zurich meeting friends before heading to Davos. Thanks again!

Sponsor

Staff online