zipperred ski jacket for helmet hood

Discussion in 'Softgoods: Clothing, Helmets, Goggles, and More' started by SSSdave, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Thread Starter
    TS
    SSSdave

SSSdave life is short precious ...don't waste it Skier

Processed the hood with jacket images and also configured the Showerspass hood placed outside the jacket collar versus inside per above. I now think outside the collar will work best with least resistance to head movements and which stays put against the helmet when skiing, per the below 3 images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three images below with Showerspass hood tucked in inside the jacket collar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This image shows the Salomon Fantasy jacket over the hood zipped and buttoned while wearing my Giro Variant Brim helmet, thin balaclava, and goggles with the front zipper fulled zipped up.
    [​IMG]

This image shows the Salomon Fantasy jacket without the helmet with the front zipper fulled zipped up while wearing a balaclava and goggles. What David wears when usual cold storm skiing.

[​IMG]

David

Uncle-A likes this.
  2. Uncle-A

Uncle-A In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al" Skier

I picked up a new jacket from Eddie Bauer last week and in the manufactures tags that were on the jacket there was a tag that stated "Helmet Compatible". I have other Eddie Bauer jackets and they do have hoods that fit over the helmet but this is a first time that I have found a tag that hypes the helmet fit. Not a bad idea to hype the use of a helmet.

3. EricG

EricG Waiting for snow! Skier

Both my Patagonia Snow Shot and my Obermeyer Charger have detachable, helmet compatible hoods. My Marmit hardshell that claimed hemlet compatible only works with a climbing helmet, nit a ski helmet, nor were they detachable.