• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Zipper line moguls with Bobby Aldighieri via Deb Armstrong's YTube channel

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
commit to a true mogul ski
Being a Texan living in Texas who gets between 6 and 15 days on the snow (all San Juans) per year and didn't own any skis at the time, this was definitely the camp I was in. Until I demoed a pair of Bloodlines, and decided I could make a pair of bump skis work. Thanks for Forerunner, I couldn't possibly be any happier on my Twisters.

So much so, in fact, that I'm seriously considering upgrading to a cabrio, 3-piece Dalbello or Full Tilt boot. Even though my current moderate flex, Salomon traditional overlap boot is incredibly comfortable, don't give me any major problems (although they're probably a half size too big) and still have a fair amount of life left in them.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I can understand why he said that. Most do not know if they should commit to a true mogul ski, so getting something skinny like a SL or a short GS ski makes sense. IMO, once you experience making that direct line, even for a short section, you will know if you want to commit. When that happened to me, I knew I want in with the mogul skis and cabrio boots. I made my biggest breakthrough moments on moguls skis because of the inherent flex pattern and the quick edge to edge that a narrow ski allows.

FWIW: In the video he's on the Hart Stryker ( a clone of the blossoms white out) which is a 76-77mm wasted ski with a good chunk of metal in it-great ski, btw).

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
So much so, in fact, that I'm seriously considering upgrading to a cabrio, 3-piece Dalbello or Full Tilt boot. Even though my current moderate flex, Salomon traditional overlap boot is incredibly comfortable, don't give me any major problems (although they're probably a half size too big) and still have a fair amount of life left in them.

With boots, comfort and fit are the first priorities. For mogul skiing that flex is important and the forward lean is more important than ever. This allows you to pressure the front of the skis quick. Modern day boots have less lean which gives you a neutral stance, it's less tiring on the thighs and allows one to use the whole ski. However if you want to ski a direct line, it's about getting and staying forward. That said, check out the full tilts they have not changed the forward lean. Dalbelo's KR2 boots are more upright than their first generation, I would use this as the default if the FTs doesn't fit

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
FWIW: In the video he's on the Hart Stryker ( a clone of the blossoms white out) which is a 76-77mm wasted ski with a good chunk of metal in it-great ski, btw).
Yes, I noticed that his skis were not as skinny as a mogul ski. But he is at a level where he can make any ski work in the moguls. IMO, a mogul ski will help in learning the techniques and skills to ski a direct line. These sks have a softer tip where you can use the front of the ski to control your speed. That in itself is hard for anyone new to the bumps to do. It would be harder, maybe near impossible to learn with a ski with lots of metal inside.

Btw, IDOne makes soft to stiff flex mogul skis. Softer ones used by young competitors while stiffer models are used by elite level competitors who can use the front of the ski to control their decent.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January