• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just in support of most of the other posts here, I ve used a few zipfits over the years [way back to a very early set which were injected with some sort of silicon rubber that set] and I ve never seen one with a non uniform sole thickness [or with an observable lift]

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Update - I returned them today. Discussed w / management at register - not boot fitter (who was extremely busy). Agreeded that the difference between heel and toe would change ramp angle and totally understood my concern. They did not have any other 22.5 to exhange. Refund issued. [Probably didnt hurt that I was also purchasing a pair of skis for my daughter at same time]. ;)

Ididn't want to replace it as honestly my current stock liner is superior to the zipfit that I was sold. (I know this can be the ultimate liner for some, but not for me). I can still tweak my liner, Tecnica has emailed me with replacement liner options.

1. At a quieter time I will check with fitter and see if this was odity or new norm.

2. Would love to know if any other fitters can check new stock to see if there is a quilted area in heel.

3. Im not sure this is the best option for LV 22.5 feet. There are areas I needed additional volume that cant be filed.

4. I appreciate everyone's response, I'm not here to discredit Zipfits, only to check my perception of the 'off' fit of the liners I received.

I realize after this process I never ever want heel lifts and I just might want to lace my AT liners.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid