• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Well,

ZAG is sending new skis ...

They are in transit (Memphis last I checked).

Back and forth is killing me but it seems that both sides want to make this right ... it just sucks - it does take a long time to resolve this simple issue and by the time I receive replacement ski, I will be ready to go back to where they were sent from. First world problem - par excellence ...

Hoping for fresh snow ...

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
ZAG skis ROCK !!!

For a second i thought I should not be on this ski when the snow is 7 days old ... went to demoing some "piste carvers" and did not like them ...

But going back to S-104 ... love this ski !!! It was great in 8" of fresh, icy piste, chopped up ... you name it, this ski is good in everything !

The best ski I've owned so far !!!

So, their marketing and customer service need to improve because they have a great product ...

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Back to ZAG ...

Awesome ski ... I am truly amazed how this ski performs in any conditions ... It was my daily driver in St. Anton for two weeks with the conditions ranging from fresh 20" to ice, ice and ice ... served me well in Val D'Isere - same deal, fresh snow, ski them until it was time to switch to AX and go ice skating ... bumps at Rendezvous Bowl ...

But ...

ski that is designed so well regarding "skiability" should not delaminate so fast ...

Unfortunately, there is some serious delamination at the tail of the ski and ZAG (again) just decided to ignore the issue and not address the 2 year warranty claim ...

Great product design , poor longevity, poor quality built and the worst customer service !!!

But, if you ever have a chance to ski ZAG - do not miss it ... great ski that will last you 25 on the snow ski days !

For whatever reasons the site is not letting me post the pictures of the actual delamination ...

Last edited:
TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Not really, putting ZAG on notice that they have to improve on some segments of their operation ...

And, "tongue in cheek" ... you are correct ...

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
OK,

anybody wants to buy this piece of ... art !!!

$200 plus shipping

drilled for pivot at 325

Easy fix ...

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
I know, I know ... But let me express my take on ZAG S-104 ...

Great ski, dimensions are just tuned in for the Alpine environment where they were "born" ... Chamonix ...

French Alps ... great terrain but questionable snow and weather conditions ... therefore ski designed by locals to adhere to all conditions, with the bias for free ride ... and this one does just that, responds edge to edge despite its somewhat "wide" underfoot but perfectly good in fresh snow. Surprisingly good on hard snow since the effective snow contact is quite short given the very aggressive rocker. Strong skier can make this ski a daily driver in any conditions other than ice ... and when the snow is fresh and winter nature is at its best ... this ski is at its best !

Now ... ZAG designs great skis and they are joy to ride ... The issue is longevity ... and that is another (somewhat conversation) to have ...

These small and independent ski "designers' and "manufacturers" do design great product but inevitably they can not produce great product ... ZAG is designed in Chamonix but built in Poland ... Quality control becomes the issue in this case ...

So, in short, great ski design, questionable built, poor customer service and ...

If you have chance to ride them - do so !

Sponsor

Staff online