• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yukon skiing family in California : Gear Help

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi everyone,

I’ve been to Mammoth for almost one week. I crossed paths with a ski friend from Quebec now living in the Yukon. We skied together with his wife and two daughters 9 & 4. The kids have been ripping since Saturday. Yesterday was their last day at Mammoth before heading into Yosemite. They have planned, as a family, one more ski day at Squaw on Friday.

At the end of the day, the 4 year-old broke her ski while getting on chair 23.

Questions for California/Nevada locals. He’s looking for a temporary/cheap ski for a 4 year old. I presume she was going to change skis for next season as kids grow fast at that age.

Any suggestions where to find a free, cheap or inexpensive toddler’s ski? He has the bindings of the broken skis.

They are currently in Yosemite with little phone/wifi access. So if anyone know a great place to find a ski in late June, it would be greatly appreciated.

The broken ski is 92cm long.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I'd probably just rent, if I were in that situation.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You could check the Disabled Sports thrift shop. It's in the small shopping center to the right as you pull into Vons.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Hi everyone,

I’ve been to Mammoth for almost one week. I crossed paths with a ski friend from Quebec now living in the Yukon. We skied together with his wife and two daughters 9 & 4. The kids have been ripping since Saturday. Yesterday was their last day at Mammoth before heading into Yosemite. They have planned, as a family, one more ski day at Squaw on Friday.

At the end of the day, the 4 year-old broke her ski while getting on chair 23.

I was there at chair 23 to see this !:eek:
Chair 23 moves fast in the loading area. They should have slowed it down for her.
She already proved she could ski runs off 23.

This is a 4 year that can rip.

Do they make performance skis for kids 8 and under !

Her sis, an 8 year is the best skier on the mountain -will ski anything ! ! !
Best of luck.
John