• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your thoughts on the après ski scene in Colorado

Ken in LA

Pulling down the safety bar
Skier
Hello, I am planning to visit Colorado this winter on the Ikon pass. Could you please share your thoughts on the après ski scene in Aspen, Copper Mtn, Eldora, Steamboat, & Winter Park? I do enjoy a good party. Thank you.

TS
Ken in LA

Ken in LA

Pulling down the safety bar
Skier
In addition to the party scene, your thoughts on each town’s ambiance would be well appreciated.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a few where I've been:
Steamboat is still more a "real" town. Jeans, puffies, beer, and smaller, low-key venues. Texas fur & makeup exists, but is not dominant.
Aspen....bring $$$$$. It's glitz all the way. I'm sure there MIGHT be some low-key places, but there's a lot of Hollywood/LA/NYC influence.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Several regular happy hours in Snowmass attended by ski school people that are fun.

New Limelight Hotel at Snowmass Base Village that should be fun.

Several places in Breck -Fatty’s and Quandary are good.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eldora doesn't have much of an après scene that I know of. If anything it would be down in Nederland but it's a small town as well. Restaurants are getting a bit more diversified but generally I think most retreat to Boulder.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hello, I am planning to visit Colorado this winter on the Ikon pass. Could you please share your thoughts on the après ski scene in Aspen, Copper Mtn, Eldora, Steamboat, & Winter Park? I do enjoy a good party. Thank you.

Aspen: Plenty of après (How much do you want to spend?)

Copper Mtn: Not much, a bar or two, best bet is to drive to Frisco or Breck.

Eldora: Plenty in Boulder, Eldora is a day ski area.

Steamboat: Plenty in the Lincoln Ave. area

Winter Park: Not much, a few nice local bars in WP and Fraser. Cool vibe.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Eldora doesn't have much of an après scene that I know of. If anything it would be down in Nederland but it's a small town as well. Restaurants are getting a bit more diversified but generally I think most retreat to Boulder.
We had killer après ski times there 35 years ago!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Arapahoe Cafe in Dillon is one of our favorites for Apre. The Mussels are pretty darn good. Phó Bay in Frisco has a great Happy Hour menu too.

Sponsor

Staff online