• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your One Ski Quiver (if you had to limit yourself to one pair of skis)

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Provided they were in as-new condition and well tuned at all times? Sorry to ask for caveats but it's important. :) If you answered yes to both then 180cm Bonafides - just good enough on hardpack to warrant their benefits everywhere else. If you answered no then something else - I've found it's a precipitous cliff when they are in poor condition.

VinceF

Booting up
Skier
Since most of my skiing is in the Wasatch, I will go with these yellow ones.

DPS skis together.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Because we ski on what we get way more (over time) than what we WISH we were skiing on, I'd have to go with more of a groomer/crud/packed snow ski than a powder width ski. Renoun Z-90 with DPS Cassiar 95 next:roflmao:.

:roflmao:
:roflmao:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd take the layup, tip rocker profile, and waist width of the Nordica Nrgy 90 as a base. Give it significantly more sidecut, especially in the rear, and ditch the tail rocker. That would do it.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
1 Ski, I though it was enough, but not. I used my 112mm wide 190cm Moment Deathwish for most of last season. Now I have the Monster 88's for all days with no significant new snow which, even in Colorado, are plenty.

IMG_8990.JPG

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I've found the search for the 1SQ fruitless, and probably a detriment to my (already crappy) technique.
For the coming season I expect to be mostly on 78 underfoot, occasionally 107.
Which (or both?) I bring to the Gathering will depend on January-February results.
The sudden addition of something ~120 is not out of the question.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Most any wood core all mountain of good quality that is 90-100 +/- underfoot and a sidecut that offers around an 18 turn radius would work out okay.

Think I could adapt to it, since it would come with unlimited ski days, right?

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
One ski for the rest of my life? I could be happy on my Volkl RTM81's but any high performance all mountain ski in the low to mid 80's width and 16 meter radius would probably work just fine for me.

Rick G

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
at the moment, Nordica Enforcer 93 or 100... it does everything.

but is that going to stop me from owning more skis... uh, NO

haha

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
I could live with one ski if it were a Head Monster 88 or Fischer Pro Mtn 86. I would miss the feel of a narrow carver on the all-too-common days here in the northeast where the surfaces are firm and there hasn't been fresh snow in some time. But the M88 or PM86 will still be fun then and will work much better when there is new snow and for the annual Colorado trip.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
35C0E1E5-FEBA-4A24-A171-645DF1DEEF9A.jpeg
My take on this one ski thing is coming from a different perspective.
I ran into the answer -for me - just this past week, and wasn’t even contemplating the question. Pure coincidence.

I like carving- and I ski mostly eastern hard packed, shaken not stirred. (Ice lol).

Not versed in wide underfoot platforms or rocker profiles, a 10 year old ski in a 180cm length might suit me well.

One look at the skis above and it’s obvious that the wide tip and pretty side cuts will afford comfortable all terain capability plus add to that these are stiff, stiff and stiff; as in tips, middle and tails- these are Eastern mountain skis.

The name Hart is not on the tip of every ski enthusiast’s tounge today- but there was a time when if you were seen on the latest Harts (or harts) you meant business. You were a Hot Dog Skiier. You were ahead of the curve in the modern ski world.

Something like this:

Retro Javelins on a modern shaped profile!
Hop on the lift and you won’t be stopped for outdated equipment - plus you can ski with the classic graphics staring back at you - and you won’t have to muscle those actual big Javs around either!!

Attachments

• 4707DFAA-BD9E-409A-8A7D-DAB726E04C35.jpeg
    4707DFAA-BD9E-409A-8A7D-DAB726E04C35.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Volkl Mantra in 177 as I now own a fifth copy of this ski mounted with the trusted Marker Griffons.
7D7F27B1-50E8-4856-AB8F-2FF80B909319.jpeg
B7B25F65-B561-4579-8401-A9926E91887F.jpeg

Last edited:

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
After a year and a half of not skiing them, my bonafides came back out this past week at mammoth, now I remember why they were my one ski quiver for 4yrs.
Planing on selling the new titans & the black crow anima & shopping for another set of bones, 2017 model.