• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your One Ski Quiver (if you had to limit yourself to one pair of skis)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
1 ski for life?

Bomber all mountain ski, 124/77/110 with a 172 length and 13.5 radius

Too long for me today, but will be fine by March 2018

This is the ski and length @Mrs. 53 already has now

That ski is over 10 years old in design and it still holds up to the test of time.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That ski is over 10 years old in design and it still holds up to the test of time.

I skied a pair of K2 812s exclusively for over 15 years... 1-5 days a season during that time. If it was either ski those (exact replacements) or don't ski at all I'd still be skiing them without question. Pretty sure there are several skis I could pick as "the last" and still enjoy skiing til I die.. if I had to. Again, right now if I had to choose I'd be looking at a mid 80s full camber (or slight tip and tail rocker) in a 179 cm and be happy skiing forever... if I had to pick one I could still enjoy skiing almost as much as I do when I have stuff rotating in and out and many options each day.. I would still take a mid 80s underfoot 180cm ish down a NASTAR course, Outhouse bumps, bottomless freshies, or cut up leftovers... Good all around compromise for me.. !'d also still go all those places on the195 CM 812s again..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied a pair of K2 812s exclusively for over 15 years... 1-5 days a season during that time. If it was either ski those (exact replacements) or don't ski at all I'd still be skiing them without question.

That is because designs back then were on 15 year product cycles, they moved at a glacial pace. A ski that still relavent now that are over 10 years old in a age when skis are obsolete after 2 seasons says a lot for that 124/77/110 mold. I will say that the variations of these that come out of the Blossom factory are superior than the ones that Bomber is producing.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Bomber did a huge test of new designs this spring, our friend along with Bode and a few others. They felt that the "old" design was still the best design.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Due to a record setting snowfall in UT last season, the Volkl 100Eight became my one ski quiver for most of the season. Hoping for more of the same this season:beercheer:

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
Really like my Cham 97. Playing in trees and then going back to groomers all day. No perfect ski but I like them because of the turning radius.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Living in the East, I'm pretty sure I could live on my Stockli Stormrider 88's pretty happily as an every-day ski. Hardpack, a couple inches of soft snow, short turns, big turns

They'd work pretty well for 90% of the days I've had "out West" as well... They are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. ;)

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Only one ski?

Renoun z-90 180cm.

Easy choice. But please don't make me make it :)

Noble Runners Up:
Fisher Motive 95 180cm or 186cm
Head Monster 88 184cm

Sure, all of these would be deficient on true powder days. And not as fun as an SL or GS ski when firm. But you are making me pick one ski.

Plus, all three of these others are totally up to the task of nuking the piled up crud and soft bumps that emerge from opening bell + 20 minutes on a powder day.

eltigra

Yankee in the south
Skier
One ski.......What are we.........COMMUNIST ? For were I live ( mid atlantic ) Volkl Bridge 179

eltigra

Yankee in the south
Skier
I'm waiting on my new Head Kore 93,S to show up ....A comrade A ! ! I also have Atomic 95 c for lazy days / Atomic Backland 102 ??? 4FRT Gaucho / RMU Apostle 105 for powder / Nordica Sole Rider and just sold the Blizzard PeaceMaker.... probley gona sell the RMU so I can get...........................??
Nothing from this century, Comrade? ;)

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does it count if you only have one pair? I have enforcer 93s in 193. That would be my one ski quiver. That also Is my one ski quiver. I need a bigger boat er quiver me thinks.

MWL

Booting up
Skier
185 Blizzard Cochise

I actually have to change my mind on this since we're talking about one ski forever. The Cochise's are phenomenal skis, and I could go anywhere in the world and have a good day on them regardless of how crappy conditions are. They're my go to demo when in Jackson if there's no fresh. But I'm not sure I'd ever have a truly epic powder day. I may have to work a bit more on hard snows days, but to maximize my enjoyment on any day with any amount of snow - I'd want my 190 Moment Bibby Pros.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I'm of the understand that this is the 78th post in the thread, so, it is appropriate for this eastern hard snow skier to state my Hart 78 skis could be my daily driver any day. Even out west, I've hauled them with me for the no-new snow days, they still perform while on very old snow, I hear those on wider skis making unhappy noises on hard snwo.. Any ski works in hero snow.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Because we ski on what we get way more (over time) than what we WISH we were skiing on, I'd have to go with more of a groomer/crud/packed snow ski than a powder width ski. Renoun Z-90 with DPS Cassiar 95 next. I've skied on some of the Kastles and Stoklis but I liked the feel of the Renouns and DPS's a little better. I might have to try them all again this year!