• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your One Ski Quiver (if you had to limit yourself to one pair of skis)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you could only ski one ski in one length for the rest of your entire life what type of ski and length would you choose? Yes, you can replace the ski after it wears out or gets damaged but you have to replace it with the exact same ski and length.

I'd go with a mid 80s width 179 cm twin with a radius of around 18m.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Hm.... 90 mm ski in a 180-183 length. Something like Völkl Kendo or Blizzard Brahma CA

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
I plan on demoing the Legend 88s this upcoming season as a replacement for Cham 87s.... Eternal optimist that I am, I will choose the Legend 88s as my "forever ski" in the biggest-est length they come in.

Doeschna

Booting up
Skier
Considering my Nordica Enforcer 100 in 185cm was the only ski I had all last season, I'll go with that. Even skiing mostly in Michigan, that thing did the trick for me every day and have never been on a ski I've liked more.
100-105 at the waist. Tip rocker. Metal. Length 180-185

Last edited:

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I only ever had a one ski quiver! I have been pretty happy with the Dynastar Cham 97. They have great side cut and like to carve. Wide shovel that likes to float. Great all mountain ski. My wife and I each won a pair at a silent auction at a ski show for $250 and $270 respectively. It was an accidental get but a good one.

One I would like to try is the Rossignol Experience 100.

However, this year I will be a quiver of two kind of guy!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
still waiting on their arrival but hoping the REnoun Z90's are 'it" although most of my life I've been on something less than 75under foot. (east coast ice cruiser)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If you could only ski one ski in one length for the rest of your entire life what type of ski and length would you choose? Yes, you can replace the ski after it wears out or gets damaged but you have to replace it with the exact same ski and length.

I'd go with a mid 80s width 179 cm twin with a radius of around 18m.

You mean a Soul Rider 87? ogsmile

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You mean a Soul Rider 87? ogsmile

I actually left brand and model names off for a reason. I wouldn't expect Phil or Tricia or any forum staff to profess any brand favoritism in any threads or posts.. lest we upset a sponsor.. The SR would be one to consider for sure. I do prefer twins, but not for practical reasons.. to spray my kids with more than for riding switch these days Not really doing that much at all anymore. .