• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your Most Prized Ski Possession

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, looks like you are missing at least one yellow toe bumper on the purple yellow pair. I have one if you need it.
Good catch. Yes, I am missing a bumper on the purple Z11's. Thnaks for the offer, these will never see snow so while I appreciate the offer...oh hell, sure. I will take it! :hug:

I am coming through SLC Monday evening...maybe dinner?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Here is some more interesting stuff:

I was home in NH and picked up some old memorabilia that I have collected over the years. This one is particularly close to home for me as I grew up and lived in the Cranmore Inn in North 'Cornway'.

190214 - Archie comic strip - Cranmore Inn - North Cornway - Snow Train.jpg

Here is my USST Training Calendar/Diary. This was during my time in Portillo.

190214 - USST Training Calendar.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Old family photos of learning to ski with my family. Gotten rid of most all of the 'stuff' from the past 60 years in the end it is just clutter. Family pictures are something else.

Well had to keep my PSAI and Association pins to perhaps give away at some future time. It was tradition to pass down your pins to those that you were close with or you mentored. Don't know if that is still true, but it should be.

This kind of pictures. Had not earned my pin yet.Paradise ski area on Mt. Rainier about 1958.

1957.jpg

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, yeah, kids :D. But the point of this thread is "stuff," according to the OP.

Right now mine might be my ZipFits.

My Zipfits for me too.

Can always replace the Atomic Hawx shell when it's time (probably for the lighter Hawx or ? in several years time when due), but I'll be moving those Zipfit liners over to any new boots. I'd rather not think about the years (& cost) of pre-Zipfit boot purchase/fitting fails.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Old family photos of learning to ski with my family. Gotten rid of most all of the 'stuff' from the past 60 years in the end it is just clutter. Family pictures are something else.

Well had to keep my PSAI and Association pins to perhaps give away at some future time. It was tradition to pass down your pins to those that you were close with or you mentored. Don't know if that is still true, but it should be.

This kind of pictures. Had not earned my pin yet.Paradise ski area on Mt. Rainier about 1958.

View attachment 65992
Lookin pretty "bad" bad bob

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Thanks, Doug.

Hey, are the Rossis in your posting of valued ski possessions your back breakers?

It's interesting. I joined PSIA Central in the spring of 1969 so I could attend an instructor training event. PSIA attributed the dues to the 1969-70 season, apparently, so I was wrong about my 50 years when I thought 2018 would be the 50th.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks, Doug.

Hey, are the Rossis in your posting of valued ski possessions your back breakers?

It's interesting. I joined PSIA Central in the spring of 1969 so I could attend an instructor training event. PSIA attributed the dues to the 1969-70 season, apparently, so I was wrong about my 50 years when I thought 2018 would be the 50th.

In theory, yes. In actuality, probably not. We had lots of skis and I don't know what became of the skis I was actually on when I wrecked.