• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your Most Prized Ski Possession

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
OK, I'll have to add this as a prized possession, there are a lot of memories associated with this as well as the day I earned the gold was also the day I earned the "Tie Dye Guy" nickname...

(BTW - a buddy of mine made the snowflake from my design suggestions, I think it came out great!)

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I would have to say its the memories that are my most prized possession in skiing. Memories of exceptionally deep days, days that everything just lined up perfectly, skiing with an awesome crew... One of the top three is the look on my dads face watching me slash an incredibly deep turn at Brighton back in 2006. That image is forever ingrained in my memory.
Material possession is hard to say... I really like all of the things I possess that relate to skiing.
Skiing to me is about chasing a feeling, and whatever makes that feeling stronger or more attainable, thats my most prized posession.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would have to say its the memories that are my most prized possession in skiing. Memories of exceptionally deep days, days that everything just lined up perfectly, skiing with an awesome crew... One of the top three is the look on my dads face watching me slash an incredibly deep turn at Brighton back in 2006. That image is forever ingrained in my memory.
Material possession is hard to say... I really like all of the things I possess that relate to skiing.
Skiing to me is about chasing a feeling, and whatever makes that feeling stronger or more attainable, thats my most prized posession.
^^^ This!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, yeah, kids :D. But the point of this thread is "stuff," according to the OP.

Right now mine might be my ZipFits.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, yeah, kids :D. But the point of this thread is "stuff," according to the OP.

Right now mine might be my ZipFits.
For me, my heated boot bag. Those day when I forget to plug it in. :doh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I thought it was "prized possession", not necessarily the most useful thing you depend on. I think of accolades or memorabilia or souvenirs from special places more than my favorite pair of trusty old ski poles. Those would be on the highest utility measure, but hardly "prized".

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
1976 N. A. Jr. DH Championship skis
View attachment 4636
(I guess they are pointing in the right direction :) )

1977 Race skis
View attachment 4637

View attachment 4638

View attachment 4640

Memories
View attachment 4639

There are far more memories than will fit on this page. Thanks to my parents for living in North Conway and being an active in skiing. They ran a country inn for my entire childhood yet managed to volunteer with the ESSC (Eastern Slopes Ski Club) introduce me and my siblings to skiing and support my ski racing career. Skiing has been a huge force in my life.

View attachment 4641
My dad teaching my sister to ski.

View attachment 4642
My mum with my sister at HoJo's on Mt. Washington, NH.

Doug Briggs for the win!!

My memories of my kids learning with me and their ski racing successes and failures.

I hope someday 40 years from now on some far future version of Pugski.com my girls are posting their memories of me (edit to add Mom as well:() and their ski racing careers!

Last edited:

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
My prized possession would be a speed suit that once belonged to A.J. Kitt. A friend took it to Nastar pacesetting trials a couple years ago where A.J. authenticated and autographed it for me. I now wear it once a year when I compete in the Boyne Highlands Downhill. Kind of a nostalgia thing. Here is a shot from last years event.
Boyne DH_2015_2101.jpg

Karl B.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
My left Lange RX.

The right one can go to hell. It can go to hell and it can DIE.

You have significantly different sized feet, right? You need two different sized pairs to mix and match and donate the 'left overs' to an adaptive ski program.

The shop I work in bought a large number of last years boots from a shop and we found two boxes with mismatched pairs. All rights (or were the lefts since they weren't 'right'). They became a donation to www.BOEC.org. This begs the question: where did the other boots go?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I had a ski club lesson student come out of the rental shop wearing two left boots once. I sent her back in to get that fixed. No clue what other kid skied two right boots that evening hahahaha..

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I am always amazed at what can and does happen with skiers and their gear. Tele skis on the wrong feet (it mattered with the older boots), Boots only half in at the heel at the Imperial lift at Breck. Guys skiing on 40 year old skis and boots. Oh, that was me. :)

Sponsor

Staff online