• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your favorite skiing photo? 2018-2019 season

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
49437624-7683-458F-8993-6E678D3E40AA.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually go with action shots, but this might have been my favorite from last winter. From 2/26/19, taken on the Ramcharger 8-pack chair during the super snowy Big Sky Gathering with seven of my good PugSki buddies, L-R: @Unpiste , @Needham , @Tony S , @SKI-3PO , @mdf , @JohnL , @Vince , and I'm behind the camera to fill up the 8-pack.

dscn8032-jpg.66669

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Ok folks, the Mendieta award goes to the picture that captured the popular vote, but also my own:

This season was about “Benergy”! My great friend & ski partner Ben passed away unexpectedly last year at the age of 36. His family erected a stone monument at the top of one of our favorite ski runs...

Monument is above my left shoulder
View attachment 81388

At the end of many days even though I was seriously spent, Ben would drag me up to the top of this bowl to ring the final bell.
I made the hike more than a few times this year in his memory

Ben & I explored a lot of special places over the years

@4ster , are you coming to Tahoe? PM please. There is a cold beer, or a nice glass of wine waiting for you. And we'll make a run in Ben's honor.

We'll do this after this season, again. It was soooo lovely to go through all these pictures. I just went through the whole thread again and I couldn't stop smiling.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Ok folks, the Mendieta award goes to the picture that captured the popular vote, but also my own:

@4ster , are you coming to Tahoe? PM please. There is a cold beer, or a nice glass of wine waiting for you. And we'll make a run in Ben's honor.

We'll do this after this season, again. It was soooo lovely to go through all these pictures. I just went through the whole thread again and I couldn't stop smiling.
thanks @Mendieta I should be to Tahoe in April sometime. Hoping for some historically huge storms for a late season snowpack.

Sponsor

Staff online