• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
1. Tram @ Jackson
2. Tram @ Snowbird
3. Aspen gondola
4. Pali chair, A-Basin
5. Deep Temerity, Aspen Highlands
6. Wall triple, Kirkwood
7. Wildcat Express, NH
8. MRG single chair
9. Cannon Mtn Tram
10. Forerunner Stowe

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Chair 23 - Mammoth
KT - Squaw
Lodge Peak - Aspen Highlands
Gondola - Aspen
Wildcat - Alta
Tram - Snowbird

Tony

tseeb
Skier
@Lorenzzo It's Loge Peak and while that will get you to the cat/hike to Highlands Bowl. Deep Temerity with a knowledgeable guide will kick your ass even more.

I'll add some CA lifts in my short list that have not yet been mentioned.
Sky, Mott, Dipper and Gondola - Heavenly
Cornice - Kirkwood
Grizzly - Bear Valley
Headwall and Silverado - Squaw
Summit - Alpine

To get to 10, I'll add Summit @Bachelor although it was not running the last three days I skied there and has run less than half of my Bachelor days. Northwest @Bachelor can also deliver over 2K of powder with an 8 minute ride, but terrain it serves does not compare to Summit.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Lorenzzo It's Loge Peak and while that will get you to the cat/hike to Highlands Bowl. Deep Temerity with a knowledgeable guide will kick your ass even more.

I'll add some CA lifts in my short list that have not yet been mentioned.
Sky, Mott, Dipper and Gondola - Heavenly
Cornice - Kirkwood
Grizzly - Bear Valley
Headwall and Silverado - Squaw
Summit - Alpine

To get to 10, I'll add Summit @Bachelor although it was not running the last three days I skied there and has run way left than half of my Bachelor days. Northwest @Bachelor can also deliver over 2K of powder with an 8 minute ride, but terrain it serves does not compare to Summit.
No, according to Apple spell check it's Lodge. You can take it up with them.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^
Huh... I didn't realize Apple was that stupid, since "loge" is actually a word that doesn't need to be corrected. And I know you couldn't have made a mistake, so it must be Apple's problem. Thanks for the head's up - I think less of them as a company now. Thank goodness I don't own any of their products.

:D

EDIT : Oh, I guess I should name some of my favorite lifts... although most of these are colored by the conditions encountered since I haven't skied most of them except for a single trip.

WB : 7th Heaven
Snowmass : Sheer Bliss
Mammoth : 23
Vail : Pete's Express
Whitetail : Expert's Choice (had to pick a local lift :)

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm hoping to pick up some new favorites this year! But here are my tried-and-true favorite lifts to ski (but not necessarily to ride):

Multorpor, Mt. Hood Skibowl
Stadium, Mt. Hood Meadows
Milly, Brighton
Peruvian, Snowbird
Wilbere, Snowbird
Wildcat, Snowbasin
Ray's, Sundance
Blue Ridge, Mountain High
Village Lift 4, Telluride
Coonskin Lift 7, Telluride
Agassiz, Arizona Snowbowl

And for my honorable mentions, lifts/terrain pods I really enjoyed, but haven't visited enough to necessarily call them favorites:

Pine Marten, Mt. Bachelor
Couloir, White Pass
Collins, Alta
Exhibition, China Peak
Summit, Keystone

TS
Lofcaudio

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
To get to 10, I'll add Summit @Bachelor although it was not running the last three days I skied there and has run way left than half of my Bachelor days.

I actually considered the Summit, but decided not to since it closes every time a butterfly sneezes in the Sahara.

Don't even get me started on the Pano...

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
A few that haven't been mentioned:

Gondola, Kicking Horse
North face t bar, Crested Butte
Champagne, Panorama
Powder gulch, silver star

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
All 5 of these are buffet lifts, they all serve up bowls and bumps and cruisers that will keep your undivided attention
Northway Chair Crystal Mountain (that thing is an entire ski area by itself)
Alyeska Tram (it serves up steep, steeper, and oh snit!)
Tram at The Bird (got to have it)
Condor at Park City (a great bag of mixed terrain that hardly anybody skis, and that works for me)
Edelweiss at Alpental (a taste of everything of the Northwest's best when it is good it can be off of the charts)

To try and pick 5 is tough. I'm happy with these.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^
Huh... I didn't realize Apple was that stupid, since "loge" is actually a word that doesn't need to be corrected. And I know you couldn't have made a mistake, so it must be Apple's problem. Thanks for the head's up - I think less of them as a company now. Thank goodness I don't own any of their products.

:D

EDIT : Oh, I guess I should name some of my favorite lifts... although most of these are colored by the conditions encountered since I haven't skied most of them except for a single trip.

WB : 7th Heaven
Snowmass : Sheer Bliss
Mammoth : 23
Vail : Pete's Express
Whitetail : Expert's Choice (had to pick a local lift :)
Ok....maybe I failed to type either work correctly. I'll bet magicians love having you in the room.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Don't just tell us your favourite chairlift, tell us why.

The Burfield Chair at Sun Peaks is over 10k feet in length (the shortest way down is over 2 miles long) and almost 3k vertical. At 22 minutes bottom to top it is probably the slowest quad chair in N.A. Most visitors ride it once and never come back. It is less busy now than in the 1980s due to all the Sun Peaks village development 2 miles down the road. There are 4 chairlifts on Sun Peak's Mount Tod but only the Burfield Chair delivers access to every run on Mount Tod.

The Tram at Jackson Hole. A great way to avoid the crowds is to let all of the Tram passengers ski away and then you have that whole section of the mountain to yourself until the next Tram car arrives.

Joe Strummer

Getting on the lift
Skier
(1) Symphony (Whistler) to access Flute Bowl
(2) Glacier (Blackcomb) to access Blackcomb Glacier
(3) Sky (Cypress) for stunning views of Vancouver
(4) Burfield (Sun Peaks)

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Funival at Val d'Isere... a high speed funicular train up through a mountain

"The Funival starts above ground in La Daille and after a few hundred meters it enters a tunnel ending at the mountain station on top of the Bellevarde.
The Funival uses two trains, connected by cables, on a single track. Halfway, a short section of dual track (passing loop) allows the trains to pass each other."

Starts at 1,797 m (5,896 ft) and comes out of the top of that mountain peak at 2,689 m (8,822 ft) - about 2,930ft of vertical in 3 1/2 minutes that spits you out with some of the best skiing options available to you

1480273520.jpg

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've only have three
The last one, the one I'm on and the next one
Green, Blue, Black, Steep, Deep, Groomed, Crusty, Boilerplate, Trees, Chutes, Ledges or Pillows.

I don't care as long as I'm on skis

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Kicking Horse gondola is my favorite to lap.
but many others in this area (PNW Northern Rockies) also give you access to the greatest percentage of decent terrain they offer.
so when i'm there - they are my favorite of the day

- even if there is a bit of love/hate like Sun Peaks and Castle (not the hill just their best chair)

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
  • Fourrunner quad / Lookout double at Stowe
  • Deep Temerity at Aspen Highlands
  • Gondola at Aspen Mountain
  • Magic carpet at Wachusett (checking if anybody actually reads these)
  • Honorable mention: the bubble chair at Okemo and Mt. Snow is sweet when it's nasty out!

Reactions: mdf

Long Hair Hippy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I enjoy skiing anywhere, In no particular order some of my favorites are…

E-chair at Breckenridge- Nice gnarly tress and steeps!
Pony Express at Steamboat- Fantastic area to ski! Need to get back there!
Beaver Creek- Birds of Prey- Just because… and it’s a great run too!
Lookout Mountain at Whiteface- I totally dig the Wilmington Trail. Nice long icy groomer to sink the edges into.
Outback Express at Keystone- Love the tress and bumps in this area
Pallli at A-Basin- Thank you sir, may I have another? ass handed to me by the mountain on more than one occasion here.

Sponsor

Staff online