• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your favorite band..playing one album live...

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Marvin Gaye -- What’s Goin’ On.
Bob Marley — Exodus.

I saw Bruce in Stockholm a few years ago (played 3 nights) when he did one album/night: Born to Run, Darkness on the edge of town & Born in the USA. I went to Born to Run (didn’t know beforehand as the concept wasn’t advertised). Magic!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I am not a big fan of live albums. Having said that "Frampton Comes Alive" is one that I own and enjoy.
IIRC, Frampton Comes Alive was recorded over two nites, one in Marin & the other at Winterland. I was at the Winterland performance!, kinda cool cuz I can distinctly here my friend yelling out in one of the songs.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok... no one has anything recent? I said Pearl Jam because it's the first band that I could say I was really into and was significant musically.

But more recent stuff... I'd love to see :

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
Churches - Every Open Eye
Fun - Some Nights

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ok... no one has anything recent? I said Pearl Jam because it's the first band that I could say I was really into and was significant musically.

Fun - Some Nights
Guilty Pleasure.. I really like Alicia Cara's first album..

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Would very much like to see Steve Miller do the "Bingo" album. Think it is his most recent and it is good. My daughter caught him doing it live in Myrtle Beach, and all I got was a lousy T-shirt.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Ok... no one has anything recent?
OK one new - Zack Brown Band the album with Free/Into The Mystic I think it is the first that made it big.
And one old "Yes" with "See All Good People"

Marty McSly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Dave Brubeck - Last Set at Newport
AC/DC - Back in Black
Led Zep - Physical Graffiti
ELO - A New World Record
Glenn Miller - The Best of Glenn Miller
The Angels (you may know them as The Angels From Angel City) - whichever album they choose.
Icehouse - Primitive Man
Billy Joel - Piano Man or The Stranger
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Nirvana - Nevermind
Greenday - whatever they chose

Is that eclectic enough?

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Humble Pie was mentioned upthread but would love to have seen Steve Marriott in Small Faces do their Small Faces album circa 1966. He was 19 at the time.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
There's a touring band/group that has a concert series called "Classic Albums Live" in which they performs classic albums live in its entirety "Note by Note", in the same order as they appear in the originals. I saw them do "The Dark Side of the Moon" a couple of years ago and I was impressed. Just like the album, they transitioned the songs without pause, with all the special effects/sounds. Even the singer that did "The Great Gig in the Sky" put a great performance. Check their schedule/catalog and if they are in your city, do not hesitate to go and watch their shows. Tickets were cheap too, like $40 if I recall.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw Pink Floyd do 'Dark Side of the Moon' live at Ivor Wynn Stadium, it was quite special . The alarm clock blotter was kind of special too

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

Fun - Some Nights
2014 recent enough?
Black Label Society - Tales of the Black Vatican

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Fleetwood Mac....Rumors

Nuff Said!

I still like that in moderation... But, my 8th grade weight training coach played that album, and ONLY that album EVERY SINGLE DAY during circuit training for an entire semester. I still hear it in my sleep and think I'm back in Jr High..

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I found a videotaped performance by Roy Orbison on utube that wasn't there before. It's interesting how stuff seems to come and go on utube. This is 30 minutes of Roy in rare form from 1975:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ya, 2112 would be my third choice from Rush. Seen them three times already. IMHO, Hemispheres was their greatest work. I'm not all that keen on anything after Signals though I own all of it..

I believe we share the same "Rush" brain! Hemispheres is my favorite with Farewell to Kings a close second. I also have all their albums but after Signals it's not as much of a love affair.

I saw them on Power Windows and their last tour R40. R40 was incredible.

Anyway, to answer the question I'd go with Rush and 2112. As much as I love Hemispheres it's 2112 that defined them.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid